WOW what a year :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW what a year :(

I know this year has been tough on everyone, my family included. But geez I haven't even gotten a Christmas card from anybody. No family, friends, clients NOTHININ'!! We don't have any money either but I still sent Christmas cards to all the people I care about. My clients are usually so thoughtful especially this time of year getting little things from them makes me feel like they appreciate me, even a card or a tip but not this year. I'm thankful they are bringing their dogs in. As I said we don't have any money either but all my clients still got their new Christmas toys and handmade Christmas ornaments from me. I've been working in clients that forgot to schedule early with not even a thank you. Okay nuf said I'm just having a pity party.

Scoop~

Sorry you are feeling bad! I haven't had much for tips, and the phones are darned near dead, but thankfully I already have dogs booked...and for after the holiday too. I am wondering if next week will even book, lol. Roll with the punches, I guess.
    Last edited by winterroo; 12-17-09, 06:26 PM.

Comment

aww Scoop. I am sorry you are letting this get to you. Instead of seeing it as they dont appreciate you, try seeing it as "They can't get in to the christmas spirit" this year because things are tough

I know this year I am not able to get the gifts for my family that I wish I could and I am having a really hard time feeling christmasy and I am a christmas MANIAC. I love christmas!!! But this year it just doesn't feel the same.

I guess I am just saying... It isnt a refection on you or not appreciating you.. its just people are more down this year and having a hard time getting motivated.

Comment

Same here, phone is eerily quiet. Thank goodness I am already booked thru the holidays and for the most part of January. I also wondered where all of the Christmas cards and client tips and gifts were because they were noticably smaller or absent this year. But I guess with the economy like it is, I am counting my blessings that at least I am still grooming their dogs and they are booking their next appt - Christmas bonus or not....
        I have gotten a few nice gifts and tips, but they are way down from previous years....

Comment

Slide over on the bench

I'll sit next to you and agree. I feel exactly the same. Even my half brother has not called me this year yet. like he always does. Not one card except email from I think some store. I am not in the spirit much either. I broke one of the ornaments I made for a client (like MYLADY made) right on the way into my rig.

((((((((HUGS)))))))

Many of the people I sent messages to reminding them to book early never did call at all.

Comment

This is the first year that I even tryed to get the tree up and decerated early. I have put some lights on the house. I am glad and sad that my phone is not the only one that is silent. This is the first year on my own so I have no other years to compair to. IF I remember right it was slower even at the chain store I workd for last year.

Comment

My appointment book is SLOOWW but steady. Nothing like I am used to, even the ones that prebook took christmas off. Oh well not worth whining, nothing I can do, but do the ones I have booked.

For SCOOP: HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS, and HAPPY HOWLIDAYS. I hope the NEW YEAR is better, and brings you (and me, and everyone else that needs 'em) more clients, and GOOD ones.

I know it's not a card, or from a client. But have a great holiday, and a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!!
              Last edited by stewiedog; 12-18-09, 02:15 PM. Reason: my typing
              If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

I have noticed that my Christmass tips are way down this year, as well as the gifts and cookies and such. I am finding that many clients are booking for AFTER the holiday rather then before. I guess it is so they can have a little more money for gifts. This is the slowest December I have ever had, we are steady but not slammed like usual, but January is already looking good which is kinda wierd. Just a wierd year all around.

Comment

people that are normaly reallly generous are just kind this year, some of them i have done their dogs for close to 20 years, and they are just a bit more conservative this year than ever before. it's just a hard year, but: HAPPY HOWLIDAYS AND A YAPPY NEW YEAR!
                  ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! I didn't mean to have such a pity party and I'm more than happy with all my clients this week and next, I'm plenty busy. I guess it is just sad that everyone seems to be sooooo down this year. I hope 2010 is better for EVERYONE!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Scoop~

Comment

Same for me here. I have had 5 gifts (including cards) this year so far. Normally I would have had 20-30 by now. I also cut back on the gifts I gave out to clients. I only gave out a coupon. where normally it is a card, treats and an ornament.
                      I have to agree with whomever it was that said people are feeling a little less festive this year. me included. I love and adore x-mas. I decorate every nook and cranny of my house and salon. But I am just not feeling it this year.
                      Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                      Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Well, I for one am re-evaluating my Christmas card list for next year. Every year I send really nice cards (get the fancy expensive ones after Christmas when they go 1/2 price & save til next year) I send to all of my family and DH's family plus our friends. All in all it is about 30-35 cards I send every year. And just how many did I get back last year OR this year? About 8! So, not meaning to be scroogie about it, but I am tired of sending out cards that appear to not be appreciated or reciprocated. I also remember to send a birthday card to all of my family on their birthday-son & DIL, parents, brothers, SIL, nieces & nephews, and do you know how many cards or phone calls I got on MY birthday this year -2!! A card and a call from my Mom and a call from my son.

OK, rant over..feeling better now that I have all the bitchy out of my system...

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the Way!!!

Comment

Its definitely been a bad year! Even though I have only recieved 2 gifts this year Im still thankfull that most of my clients chose to still have their dog groomed by me this year. I even managed to groom 550 more dogs this year than last! And I took a 2 week vacation! So Im not even going to complain about the lack of cards and presents! No Way No How!

Merry Christmas!
                          Tammy

Comment

Ditto here, everyone is kind and still giving gifts and tips but nothing like previous years. There is definite difference this year, and clients just seem ho hum about the whole holiday thing. I get it as my DH has been unemployed all year as well. Here's hoping to a better 2010!

Comment

Working...
                            X