Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noooooooooooooooooooo

I'm not believing what I'm hearing!

Snow starting TOMORROW and thru Sunday am :'( What am I going to do with all my clients???? Monday it's not supposed to get out of the 30's This really sucks being the last weekend (and the big push) before christmas.

I know for those of you in more northerly climates, this is no big deal. But here in the south, everything shuts down, people stay home and don't come out for love or money.

Guess I'll just have to move the dogs to the few days after, cause there's no room in my book for more before.

I just sent an email to a friend w/ the EXACT same "subject" wording.

The way it was presented to me on our local news at 6 am...was snow being "an all day event" here on Saturday.

Call me cynical...but I consider an "all day event" to be a beach party or a day at the county fair. Not snow.

Everyone else runs out to the store for milk and bread...I stock up on Advil Liqui-Gels. Lots of shoveling about to commence?

Thankfully...I left Tues and Wed unbooked for just such a "glich".
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I'm getting snowed on too right now. Since I have lived here I can probably count on my two hands how many times I have seen snow (where it stayed on the ground). I may be Canadian but I am not a snow worshipper like many of my friends and family.
      I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

I'm feelin your pain girl, we are supposed to get it here in the Upstate too!!! Geeze, I can't remember the last time it snowed here in SC before Christmas.

Comment

There are times when a white Christmas sucks. >.< I do live in the north and up here, believe it or not, I sometimes get busier when it snows. The kids are home from school, they called off work and they call to see if they can get their dogs in on a whim. Usually I only get one or two cancellations from my elderly clients who don't want to slip, so I can usually squeeze a few in, and sometimes we get a lot more calls than cancellations.
          I hope the snow decides not to come visit you and you don't have to reschedlue anyone. Heck, send it up our way. What's another couple of inches? Ho ho ho!!

Comment

Originally posted by neanea View Post
            I'm not believing what I'm hearing!

Snow starting TOMORROW and thru Sunday am :'( What am I going to do with all my clients???? Monday it's not supposed to get out of the 30's This really sucks being the last weekend (and the big push) before christmas.

I know for those of you in more northerly climates, this is no big deal. But here in the south, everything shuts down, people stay home and don't come out for love or money.

Guess I'll just have to move the dogs to the few days after, cause there's no room in my book for more before.
            Yeah Neanea, I am not far from you and I was thinking the same thing. NOT NOW!!! NOT THE WEEK B-4 CHRISTMAS-I DONT HAVE TIME FOR SNOW!! Hopefully "The Fish" is wrong about this one....

Comment

Unlike all of you, I enjoy snow haha

Comment

I'm secretly wishing it will snow, but its not suppose to make it up here to CT. Being mobile, my customers understand that I don't go out in the snow, and they also have been made aware that if I can't get there on their appointment day before Christmas than they'll have to wait until after the New Year.
                don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Nooooo Snowwwwwww!!! As it is, we are even working Sunday. So when I say we are booked, I mean it!!!!!! There is not any way that we can rebook tomorrows clients should we have to close for the snow. In my area, its not so much that we are getting snow, its more the sleet and ice that we are worried about.

Comment

Well, I changed two of Fridays clients to Tuesday and one other one cancelled (no biggie there), but I still have to deal with Saturday's clients None of them called yet to change, but I feel like I'll come in to a few messages in the am.

The newest forecast for my area is 2" - 6" of snow/sleet, starting around lunchtime Friday and continuing thru most of the day Saturday with a high of 33. Let's hope it is clear enough Monday on these back country roads to make it all the way into town.

Guess I'll put a few on Christmas Eve day, as I was scheduled to be closed that day.

Comment

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW! I don't work weekends. I'm holed up in the house anyway making tons of chocolate candies for xmas! It'll be EXTRA festive!! WHEEE!!!!! As a matter of fact, only one dog Monday is being groomed at their own house. The rest are dropping off at my house because they're out of my driving range! HEEHEE!
                      Wow, I haven't been this excited about anything in ages. I'm hoping for a happier Xmas than I've had the last several years. I might just get it too.

Comment

Ummm yea. This really sucks. All my customers except my 9 o'clock has cancelled for tomorrow. I'm going to come in and do that one dog and help my student on his one dog and try to get out of there by 12. It's supposed to start snowing by 11 or 12. I have a full schedule for Saturday and nobody has called to cancel yet. I can't imagine with a few inches of snow and sleet anyone is going to show up Saturday. I'll probably call everyone tomorrow and try to reschedule them but I'm already full on Tuesday and have 4 or five for Wed and Thursday. If I reschedule them all then that will pretty much fill me up till Christmas and I have several I am supposed to call come Monday to schedule their appointments for sometime next week. This is really going to impact me financially. I really hate the snow.

Comment

4" - 8" is the newest forcast. looks like I'll have two days off :'( and be workin' my fanny off come monday!

Comment

I've heard 8-16, and I've heard 25-30!

Comment

I'm supposed to get about 14-16 inches. In fact the government even called around and left messages on phones to warn us what was coming. I'm not complaining, lol. I'd love to have a Saturday off. Course I'm now gonna have to work Monday, my normal day off to make up for it...blah.
                              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X