Is it just the new moon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just the new moon?

I'm not sure, but my sister Maggie seems convinced that is some national holiday that we must have missed the announcement for- National Walk into the Groomer and Pee on the Carpet Day. Every single dog today walked in and promptly piddled on the floor- right on the carpeted area, missing the linoleum completely. We are 8 for 8- some more than once. And it's not like the owners didn't walk them, or that another dog had piddled there. They each chose a different spot. *sigh* We just finished steam cleaning them. Good grief, I hope it's not like this tomorrow. We might drown with all the dogs coming in. JK Anybody else have a wierd day today, or is it just in our little corner of the grooming world?

OMG my first two pooped in the lobby, the 4th one peed on my welcome mat and my last dog of the day piddled all over the kennel...lol

Comment

Why do you have carpet in a grooming shop? lol

Sure, I've definitely had days like that. Usually when it rains though.
      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I think its national I dont want to poop outside cause it's cold day so I will wait till i get excited at the grooming shop and can't hold it anymore and release the floodgates onto the floor day.

I had some little old ladies bring in their schnauzers last week when it was about 20 degrees outside. First dog pees, second dog pees, first dog starts pooping while second dog pees, first dog pees again, second dog starts shooting the runs all over. They both stand there the entire time next to the front door watching this take place while saying "oh my he never pees inside, oh my she never pees or poops inside, oh my he never had diarrhea before, oh my they just went out before we came here and they both peed and pooped..."

The entire waiting room was filled with urine and runny poop. I say "yea, it's freezing outside, looks like they didnt go after all" sigh...cleanser and towels in hand...

Comment

Rapuzzled is thinking......

I was too. Why carpet in a grooming shop or even anything that a dog can easily pee on.

Comment

Ok....my question for all you shop owners...... who cleans up the messes if it's in the lobby, the owners of the pets that did the messing or the shop owner? Just curious if you hand the mop over to the pet owners...lol

Comment

its definitly that kind of day apparently, our first bath dog of the day promptly pooped directly in front of the door this morning. and there were piddlers everywhere

Comment

I have a painted cement floor, with one welcome mat and one longer mat in front of my counter. Both can (and do) get thrown in the tub and dawned.

I keep a basket on my desk with poop bags. Sometimes I hand one to the customer who is pretending not to notice the poop. The ones that are embarrassed or older or at least acknowledge I scoop it up. Pee I just grab a towel and spray bleach. It's just so much faster and cleaner when I do it. Repeat offenders who ignore their dog or don't take them out on purpose get handed the bag. Depends on my mood and whether or not I've just bleached the floor AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by lightning View Post
                  Ok....my question for all you shop owners...... who cleans up the messes if it's in the lobby, the owners of the pets that did the messing or the shop owner? Just curious if you hand the mop over to the pet owners...lol
                  We have retail, and a bakery in front. If they poop, or pee before they make it to the grooming room me or one of the girls up front hand them paper towels, or a poop bag, and a shopping bag. Since we don't want it in the trash behind the counter we direct them to the trash outside the front door.
                  I don't understand people who try and play it off like they didn't know their dog was doing his/her thing inside. If my dog gets nervous and has an accident in the lobby of the vet's office I always say something, and clean it. Dogs get nervous, or mark, it is the owners dog and their responsibility.
                  I did have one lady once really not know, we didn't even see it. Poor lady walked right through it, she was sooo embarrassed we cleaned up the track marks all the way to the grooming room, while she cleaned her shoe in my tub. She was so embarassed she was almost in tears.

When my middle son (5 on the 22nd) was potty training we were at walmart we ran to the bathroom. We made it to about 5' from the bathroom and he peed his pants dripping onto the floor. Nobody saw this, but I asked a worker for something to clean it with, they said they would get it. I didn't understad why someone else should clean uo my son'e pee.

On the other hand we were at the grocery store the other day, and a mom was letting her little boy pee in the parking lot inbetween our van, and her car. I could not believe she was letting him do this he was about 6 or 7. I made ure to say LOUD enough to my kids to "Not step in the little boys pee-pee" She wasn't even done shopping she came in right behind us. The store has a restroom, I was appauled at what she was teaching her son, you know if it was her daughter she would have taken her inside. Disgusting....
                  If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Yes me too! I have had quite the day with whizzers and poopers. Today was by far the worst since i opened. Sigh.....

Comment

I especially love it when it rains, all the dogs come in and I am guranteed a poop and pee fest!! Yeah for me!!

Comment

It was like 20F today and I had to MAKE GLG's dogs come in. I even took a shower and forgot Winston, the GP/Anatolian/Sibe mix. When I remembered I STILL had to MAKE him come in.
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I didnt have that but it was hot and humid here today and all the dogs were ratty and difficult and their coats wouldnt dry really straight...sigh

Comment

Most of my clients will usually offer to clean it up themselves. But I do have a few who pretend they are oblivious to the fact that their dog is dropping turdlettes all over the floor.

I use to groom a really nasty Llasa whose owner was in complete denial over his aggression issues. I dreaded that dog coming in, and it seemed like the more often he came, the meaner he got. The dog hated me, there was no doubt about that. The woman brought him in about 6 months ago, complaining the entire time because "he didn't want to come in". Groom went as usual.... an hours worth of me trying to avoid getting my hands chewed off, and when she came to pick him up there was another woman who had just dropped her dog off. First woman realizes that the second woman was her old neighbor and their dogs use to play together. As she's walking Cujo out of my shop, she changes her mind and decides she wants to come back in and see the other dog. Of course, this puts Cujo in a panic because he was ready to LEAVE and he starts projectile hershey squirts on my floor. The woman was horrified.... but it wasn't embarrassment. She starts yelling at ME, "Why is he doing that?" As if I did something to the dog.

She cancelled her next appointment and never came back. So I guess sometimes having a dog **** on your floor is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                              I was too. Why carpet in a grooming shop or even anything that a dog can easily pee on.
                              I have carpet in the lobby and actually really like it that way. I have a steam cleaner for accidents, but I have honestly found that most will not pee on the carpet but some will pee in the bathing room where it is not carpeted. Maybe it is like a "I know I cant do that at home, so I better not do it here." kinda thing, but I get a lot of compliments on the carpet and the fact that it feels more like home, and I always get compliments on how good it smells in here too. It is that short lupe office type carpet, so it actually vacs up and cleans up really easy and good, and just a little fragrence oil in the H20 for the steam cleaner and it smells great in here always.

Comment

Working...
                              X