Great comebacks that were never said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great comebacks that were never said

I can never come up with a good comeback when needed. I always think of something hours or days later. . . .

At the tire shop a few weeks ago I met a customer while waiting in line. We exchanged hellos and I mentioned his dog (SP) had an appointment in January. The guy behind the counter says "Heck of a time to be giving your dog a haircut - January!!"

So to you, tire guy, I say "Hey, do I tell your customers that they don't need winter tires???"

After advertising in our local paper that we needed a bather and a groomer, I had a male hairdresser call asking about the grooming postion. I started asking some questions and he sounded as if he had groomed before. Then i found out he had been trimming his shih tzu at home. I of cousre told him i needed an experienced groomer that could do all breeds. he said " Well, it can't be that hard to trim dog hair. I mean it is just dog hair.' I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle him. I couldn't think of anything to say and i hung up on him.
    Sniff the Paw

Comment

These are good,,,the other day,, at the gas station, (this one time at band camp..)
      the completely zombified counter attendant person said "Gas today"?? As he was ringing me out,,,I could not resist, so I smiled and said sheepishly, "Not today,,but I had some yesterday".
      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by darbygoo View Post
        After advertising in our local paper that we needed a bather and a groomer, I had a male hairdresser call asking about the grooming postion. I started asking some questions and he sounded as if he had groomed before. Then i found out he had been trimming his shih tzu at home. I of cousre told him i needed an experienced groomer that could do all breeds. he said " Well, it can't be that hard to trim dog hair. I mean it is just dog hair.' I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle him. I couldn't think of anything to say and i hung up on him.

i would have said "well will you let me cut your hair,its just human hair after all",....before i hung up

Comment

lol

That is the best response ever. Kudos to you...just dog hair my butt. lol

Comment

Had a lady call

yesterday asking for an appt for her two Springer x Cockapoos (picture that in your head) before Christmas, they just need bath and trims....I did squeeze her in this week . She wanted close to Christmas and that was the best I would do for a new customer. She called back about an hour later to cancel saying she got an appt on Christmas Eve at another shop. When I asked who could take her at this late date and she told me I said " And I hear they are ALOT cheaper too" wonder why? I don't think she got it! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Comment

Darby,
              It would've been worth it to let this guy come and spend a day bathing for you...just to "get his feet wet" AND THE REST OF HIM, TOO.

sittingpretty

Comment

There was only once that I can remember where I actually thought of a comeback on the spot, and boy, was I proud of myself! I was having a disagreement with a client over the phone, and the guy hung up on me! Without a pause, I dialed his number, he answered, I said, "Oh sorry...we must have gotten disconnected...where was I?" and kept right on going! I was very proud that I didn't let some jerk hang up the phone on me!

Comment

I was next in line at the grocery store and heard the cashier ask the man ahead if me if he would like his milk in a bag. He said "No, you can leave it in the carton." I started laughing and the cashier shot me an evil look.

Comment

To the boorish windbag who brags about how much experience she has in the 1rst five minutes of meeting you who argues with everything said in the I.S.C.C classes: "Are you USUALLY this stupid or are you trying to impress me? Shut the heck up and let the lecturer TEACH me! I actually PAYED to let her/him talk."
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

lol. when I first started, I had this little yorkie poo in. At the time, I was bending over backwards to keep people coming through my door. This little girl looked like she was a sheepdog, she had so much coat, only 9 months old. She was completely matted. Needed to be stripped down, WELL, taking the coat off, she was a bone rack, and I mean THIN!! and obviously neglected!! Guy comes to pick her up and says "wow, she's so skinny"..........I didn't even THINK before I blurted out "Ya, you'ld be amazed what a bag of dog food does for these guys".................needless to say I never heard from them again. Knew I didn't want those type of customers anyways.

Comment

This wasn't a comeback, but it was definitely a tension-breaker! About 10 years ago, I was sitting at the bar of a local burger joint, inhaling french fries and talking with some friends from work. This....GUY...comes and sits down at the bar and just jumps right into the middle of the conversation! Nobody knew him, he just felt he had to interject his opinions about what everyone was saying. And he was REALLY hammered, just reeked of beer. This went on for about 10 minutes until finally a very large and intimidating friend of mine had enough. "Y'know'" he said, "I hate you. You're really annoying and it's taking everything I got to avoid beating you to a pulp. I just thought you'd like to know." The silence stretched out and everything got awkward. I couldn't stand it anymore. In the silent bar, my small voice said, "What a pity we don't have a flavored coffee to celebrate this moment of our lives."

Crisis averted. My friend was laughing too hard to stay mad.
                        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJL View Post
                          I was next in line at the grocery store and heard the cashier ask the man ahead if me if he would like his milk in a bag. He said "No, you can leave it in the carton." I started laughing and the cashier shot me an evil look.
                          That's actually a legitimate question, and while funny, the guy was kinda out of line.

People who know get their milk put in a paper bag. Milk is light sensitive, and really should be kept in the dark. I always try to get the bottle that's as far back on the shelf as possible, or get it in a cardboard carton.

Comment

I think I would have asked him "And how are you at expressing anal glands? How well do you handle things like poop stuck on butts and fleas, ticks, and maggots? Do you grind nails or use a nail cutter? How do you handle clients that bite?"

Comment

[QUOTE=PuppyFluffer;372391] "What a pity we don't have a flavored coffee to celebrate this moment of our lives."

Most excellent!

The other night a friend was talking about his divorce and someone asked if he was seeing anyone new. He said, "I've decided that the absence of misery is happiness enough for me."

I'm going to embroider that on a pillow!
                              "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Working...
                              X