It's official, I work for peanuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official, I work for peanuts

I got the bestest present a client could ever give....a paper lunch bag full of peanuts with their shells still on. Should I laugh or cry?
    At least it gave me something to munch on for the rest of the day. Thankfully it wasn't the only gift I've gotten from my clients. My best so far is $100 tip for grooming 4 big mixes, plus another $80 in my xmas card from them.

LMAO! Will work for food?
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Peanuts, smeanuts! $100 tip!!! plus $80??? Awesome!!!

Comment

were they salted,roasted in the shell?! i;ll wrestle ya for em! i got $100, from one lady,been doing her dogs forever, $50 from one and alot of smaller ones, but my fav so far was the ham sandwhich! home baked ham, honey wheat berry bread,lettuce,cheese,mustard.........mmmmmmmmmm.
        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

OMG

Peanuts? Does she think you are Dumbo? lol

I got some earrings, soap, and some cash.

Comment

Oh my I realy have to go live in the USA.
            We don't get tips...dutch people like to sit on their money,I think that's why.

Comment

LOL I havent gotten anything , but then again we just took over the grooming at my clinic. Most of my clients these days dont even tip.

Comment

Let's see... I've gotten a music box, several good $$ tips, a scanner for my computer, a basket of food, a light up christmas dog for my window, a pink beagle, instant lottery tickets, some toys for my dog, chocolates and a box of pizza that we ate today for lunch. HO HO HO!!!

Comment

How about a loaf of bread

When I worked at a pet something a bather (at this store bathers groomed all the bath dogs from start to finish and did not wash groomer dogs) got a loaf of bread for a Christmas gift. It was not a fancy loaf of bread it was a loaf of white wonder bread. I found it hilarious. What was this lady thinking? I guess it's the thought that counts, but come on.

Comment

sooo far i got cards with money, a bag of hair products (from a hairstylist) candy , cakes, and lil knick knacks my customers love me and i love them! lol

Comment

I am expecting my BIG xmas tip next week she usually tips 40-60 just monthly during the year. Last xmas it was the usual (50) plus 100.
                      The lady who found out her daughter was keeping my tips, made her teenage daughter hand me 45 yesterday, it is usually 5 each time, she made her daughter tip all the ones she kept. I thought it was AWESOME, just too fun. Even if it wasn't so much the laugh I got was totally worth it!!!
                      If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
                        were they salted,roasted in the shell?! i;ll wrestle ya for em! i got $100, from one lady,been doing her dogs forever, $50 from one and alot of smaller ones, but my fav so far was the ham sandwhich! home baked ham, honey wheat berry bread,lettuce,cheese,mustard.........mmmmmmmmmm.
                        I dunno. My dad said they didn't taste fresh, but they didn't taste stale. They tasted like peanuts to me. What do I know. I may use them to make peanut clusters.

I also got a framed copy of my article and photo from November's edition of Baltimore Magazine (I'm also on their website too in a video, grooming a cat). I'd been meaning to frame that article for future events. Now I don't have to.
                        A really nice decorated leather picture frame.
                        An adorable little pink "wristlet" I think it's called. It's basically a wallet with a wrist strap. It's really cute!
                        Extra $10's and 20's here and there.
                        A big box of Wockenfuss candy from a client who knows I make candy myself. She seemed a little embarrassed when she remembered that, but I told her I LOVE getting candy! I've been cutting them in half all night finding out what's what and writing it all down for future ideas. Hell, I'm making candy all weekend for Xmas! WHOO!

Comment

Working...
                        X