We adopted a puppy and need names!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We adopted a puppy and need names!

Hi everyone! We decided to get our 9 year old daughter a puppy for Christmas...well we went to the shelter tonight and picked out a little fuzzy black female puppy. She is ADORABLE!! About 8-10 weeks old. I'll post a picture on egroomer either tonight or tomorrow morning. She definitely has Lab in her...but she's sooo fuzzy! Her puppy hair is so soft! I'm melting as we speak. A new addition to the family. Throw me some suggestions for names!

How cool! My fav name of all time was Tails

Comment

noel, to obvious dotty,you must be! tosh, spot in french glenda, the good witch,,, can't think of the bad witch, help me i'm melting, no help here, enjoy the little fuz butt!
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
        can't think of the bad witch, help me i'm melting,
        Elphaba, Elphie for short.
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Here's one

Onyx - great for a little black pup. (I had a black goat named Onyx.) Ebony.

What's her personality like? That will often suggest names.

Comment

Long ago I had a very sweet Afghan named Ebony, we called her Ebby, so that is a favorite.
            You can always consider; Shadow (she may become you daughter's shadow), Tar, Onyx, Midnight, (Nite-Nite would be a cute call name!)
            I have a client with a little dog named Santa, guess when she got the pup last year?

congrats on the new pup and happy house breaking,
            sittingpretty

Comment

Agreed, personality is so much...not necessarily a name that means "happy" or "aloof" or something, but it just has to fit...

We were considering either Annie or Addie for my girl before we got her. Once we got her home, we knew she was an Addie... she just wasn't an Annie. Can't really explain it, it just worked that way.

Here are some that I thought of:
              Milo
              Mica
              Pixel
              Denali
              Boomer
              Riley
              Journey
              Pie
              Delilah
              Gretchen
              Athena
              Kennedy
              Carmen
              Juno
              Nellie
              Kaiser

I have a running list of names and these are some that made it.

Natalie

Comment

jingle...................

Comment

Snow Ball.
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                  People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Rosie Posie Puppy Dog--that's the name of the bestest little black dog in the whole world!

Or you could go to a book store and look through a book of baby names.

Comment

Still thinkin"

Looking at her...we think she may also have Terrier in her. She's got that wiry looking face. She's very playful...loves to bark at the cats and our other dog. (She's already learned the "cat" lesson! lol) I'm really curious to know how big she's gonna get. We take her to the vet tomorrow...maybe he'll have a clue. My daughter likes the name Midnight...but it is so common for a black animal. I like Diva or Java...is actual Java dark enough? Not a coffee person! Her picture is posted on egroomer. I can't ever get the darn things shrunk right to post on here. (I'm computer challenged!) Take a look and tell me what you think she's got in her. I'm Makeoverrover on egroomer.

Comment

Nono! great name for a kids dogs

Comment

Here are some of my favorite names of my clients:

Mocha
                          Coco
                          Jasmine
                          Rosy
                          Leah
                          Bella
                          Cookie
                          Sophie
                          Izzy (short for Isabella, this is such a popular name...I have 4 clients with this name!)
                          Lily

Comment

Since she has terrier in her how about "Terrie"?
                            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Black dog names? Obsidian, Graphite or Kali (means black in Hindi). My little black poodle is named Anya. My husband named her Anya because he says she's always ON YA (it's true, she is. Shameless attention poodle.) We groom several Olive's, a field of Daisy's, a pair of Porkchops and even a Canolli. My sister suggested names for a chrismas dog, like Snickerdoodle, Gingerbread, Candycane, Holly, Ivy, Sugarplum, Carol, Bethlehem or Star. Good luck with the baby, whatever her name turns out to be. May she live long, be heathly and easily trained.

Comment

Working...
                              X