I'm so embarassed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so embarassed!

Does anyone remember the thread about a groomer whose house and grooming shop was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina? They had posted pictures of the devistation and asked for help in rebuilding.

I can't seem to find it on the old board. Well to make a long story short I was at our booth at the Atlanta Pet Fair and this nice lady walked up to me with a hand crocheted afgan about 5' X 5'. She said I made this for you. Well I was very surprised. I thanked her and asked why.

She told me that I sent her a Pro Set to help her get back on her feet after the devastation and this was her thank you to me. Well I was so taken aback that I forgot her name and I would like to send her a thank you for the afgan.

This afghan must have taken many many hours to do and made me feel very special I keep it on the foot of our bed.

This means alot to me and I would like to tell her how I feel so I would appreciate the help. Thanks so much.

Chuck

aww thats so nice. On both sides!~!

Comment

Chuck I don't know if this is the person or not but I found it I think-

If you go to the "photo galleries" page here click on "groomer talk album" you will see a post called "Rebuilding Pet Care Business after Katrina". It gives her name and phone number.

I didn't think I should post it but you can find it. Hope it is her and hope she is doing well.

Scoop

Comment

What a nice story, maybe she's here and will read your message.

Comment

I am a firm believer in Karma. You are obviously a good person and therefore deserve good things in return

Comment

You found her!

Thanks Scoop,

Her name is Amber Russell from Pass Christian, MS. I will tell her to post the new pictures for us all to see and I will send her a Thank you note for her heartfelt gift. Thanks again.

Chuck

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
            Chuck I don't know if this is the person or not but I found it I think-

If you go to the "photo galleries" page here click on "groomer talk album" you will see a post called "Rebuilding Pet Care Business after Katrina". It gives her name and phone number.

I didn't think I should post it but you can find it. Hope it is her and hope she is doing well.

Scoop

Comment

Very nice of you too help her out....... Hope you can find her.

Comment

This is heartwarming! Chuck, what goes around comes around and I hope you are rewarded many times over. How very thoughtful -- thanks for sharing.

Comment

Chuck, I have never met you in person, but from reading your posts and from what others say about you I believe you are a great big sweet teddy bear of a guy!!!! I am sending you a big ole cyber hug!!!!
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

Well it sounds like she is doing very well after such a terrible time. Very thoughtful of her and what a great thank you for you.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

I met Chuck at the Houston Lone Star Grooming convention 2 years ago, and he was very nice, and interesting. I can't wait to buy a groomers helper. It is one of my next 3 big purchases. That was such a nice thoughtful thing to do on both parts. It is the little things that give people hope. Hope is a wonderful gift to give.

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                        Chuck, I have never met you in person, but from reading your posts and from what others say about you I believe you are a great big sweet teddy bear of a guy!!!! I am sending you a big ole cyber hug!!!!
                        You have that 100% correct. And Chuck gives great real hugs, too. His wife, Beth is just as wonderful. They are two of the most sincerely nice people in the world.

Comment

This post has made me smile:-) It is soooo refreshing to hear stories where both sides are truly grateful for each other.

Way to go Chuck and Amber- Our grooming world needs more like y'all.

Comment

Working...
                          X