Cancellations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancellations

Is anyone else out there getting a lot of cancellations. I've been booked solid for X-mas for a month and last week and so far this week I've had 10! Some I've filled but not even half of them! We had a storm last week, so I understand that day, but the rest, I wonder if it's the economy. Some have rescheduled for after Chrismas. I hope the rest of my week stays busy. It's not just the $, I really like getting them all dolled up for the holidays.

Rescheduling

We've not gotten cancellations per se as much as folks saying "I made Bailey's appointment for Wednesday and something came up, can I bring him in on Thursday?" We never book ourselves solid - always leave a slot or two open for emergencies or folks who have life happen. God bless our clients - they are the best. Most of december was booked before the first of the month, so we always allow a bit of wiggle room to keep the folks happy.

Comment

Gosh no, but I have a cancellation list should anyone decide to call. Have a few people that would prefer to change their date or get in at night with me if I do!
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I haven't gotten a lot of cancellations, but people who prebooked have been calling wanting to get in earlier, saying they can't wait til the day they scheduled. So then I get spots that open p after I squeeze them in somewhere else. Now there is no more squeezing room, so.......lol

Comment

cancellations...

WE wish we had clients coming in!!! I know for a fact that here in LosAngeles there's a lack of clients on a daily basis...I'm not kidding you!!! 2 pets coimng in daily for the past 2 weeks!! I want to just cry!!!

Comment

I also leave a little wiggle room...we've had a few change days/dates but no cancellations.
            I still have openings now that we have a bather.
            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
            Apparently common sense isn't all that common
            *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

That always happens this time of year. People book their appointments and then something else comes up. I try to have a back up list handy.

Comment

I have a couple of customers that wanted to trade days with one another but no one is cancelling. I have two on a waiting list but I doubt if they will get in unless soeone does cancell. I usually have 24 a week and this week I have 35.
                Then next week I'm ony working 3 days but I have 23 dogs to do!! sheesh I do need some time off soooo I am taking 3 days next week and 4 after Christmas, that ought to do it. Then Januray is booked....

Comment

Yay for Plexi.
                  www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                  http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I am grooming as many dogs as I can physically handle in a day between now and Christmas Eve (only doing 4 on Christmas Eve, getting off early -YEA!!!) and have a waiting list of hopefuls. At least 1/2 of my week of after Christmas appts is on the waiting list hoping for something before the 25th. And still getting calls "Can you fit my dog in this week or next week- I want him done as close to Christmas as I can get..." That is when you WANT to say "Good freakin luck finding a groomer this late, you should have scheduled in September like everyone else did that wants Christmas week." But alas, you dont say that.......

Comment

I had a rash of cancellations/rebooks in November. It was weird. Full moon maybe?!!

Comment

We have had a few cancellations due to sickness and such. I had two no shows yesterday, but they were newer clients. I have had a few where they were booked on two different days (oops). We are booked soliduntil the 23rd, and January is filling fast. We aren't back until Jan 9th though. I need the time off and we are going on vacation. I am still taking apppointments for bath and neatens. The most we have in one day is 27 for the 23rd. I have two groomers, two assistants, and a receptionist for the busier days though. Bengay is my friend.
                        Sniff the Paw

Comment

Not any cancellations for me,,just people moving around a lot. Everyone is busy,,,myself included, so clients keep switching their times around,,wanting to leave all day...etc. Gotta love those "day stay" fees! "Sure, I'll babysit while you shop--but it'll cost ya"!
                          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Slow

It's kind of slow right now for me...I think people aren't planning ahead and are going to wait until the last minute. But we can only do so much so someone is going to have a dirty dog for the holidays.

Comment

I guess I shouldn't really say cancellations, but reschedules for after Christmas, that's why I was wondering if it's just the economy around here or everywhere. Sounds like LA is not doing well either. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
                              X