What happened to common sense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to common sense?

I have a confession to make. WHen it rains my shop parking lot floods. AAA concrete was out here Friday so I have faith that the landlord, after 6 months of complaining in writing, will get this fixed.

ANYWAY fast forward to today, after days after day of hard rain, we have 3-6 inches of water in the driveway but there are also large areas that are dry. INCLUDING the drive next to the sidewalk.

People all morning were pulling up into the large puddles and walking through and letting the dogs walk in them as well, so my front reception area is nasty. Been steam mopped four or five times so far today. SIgh....

the kicker was when someone pulled up almost INTO the building on the grass and into the rose bed........

I am now the proud owner of 8 traffic cones, 18" tall blocking the area from traffic.

COMMON SENSE PEOPLE! Park where its DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT in 6 inches of water and don;t take out my grass or roses. I may lose it!

I feel better now.....
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Ya! You guys leave her roses ALONE!

Comment

Common sense isn't all that common
      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I'm sure people just don't take into consideration that It would be like you walking into their house all soaking wet making their house nasty.
        I hope it gets fixed though

Comment

I guess its just that when I pull into a wet or muddy yard or parking lot I am trying NOT to get my own feet wet! These are the same people mind you who will complain that they have to carry the dogs to the car to keep them from getting muddy, or will request (it HAPPENED TODAY) a paper towel so they can get their shoes wiped off before they get into their car, but they parked right next to the biggest puddle........
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Common sense, is pretty hard to come by.

I have a client that brings her Cairn in for just a haircut what does she do before she brings her walks her in the dewy grass and you know what the dog doesnt even pee!!!!!
            Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

well i hope the nitwit that ran up into the roses was YOUR client! at least you cpuld get some money,common sense and decency are almost exstinct. glad venting helped.
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

At our previous location, the parking lot would, without fail, flood everytime it rained. During a horrid rain storm, we ended up with 6 inches of standing water! People couldn't even park and get out to bring in their pets. We ended up having them bring the dogs to the back door and then we would go out and get them through the car windows! We would also hand them back the same way.
                It's a whole new experience handing dogs to their owners through their car windows.
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Must be in the air.

My client just inherited her father's 3 old, sweet Shihs....they've all been longtime clients.

She brings all 3 in the door this am, and pops them all in my biggest kennel, as we've always done.

She then announces that her new terrier puppy is raising hell at home, and one of the results of this hell-raising is that the 3 old Shihs are ATTACKING each other w/out any provocation because they are sooooo stressed out.

As if on cue.....1 giant rolling gold/white ball of fighting, snarling, biting, teeth ga-nashing, kayaking, yelping, screaming Shihs explodes in the kennel.

Oh what a joy it was to separate that MESS first thing this morning.

Yes Parti...common sense isn't all that common anymore.
                  Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Working...
                  X