Totally OT - Small get-together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally OT - Small get-together

Hi all. You all have such good advice, and I definitely need a little. We are going to throw a small get together over the Holidays. We did one last year too, and it was great, except for one thing. One friend brought their 2 kids over and they tore the place up - and parents didnt seem to even care or notice. Broke balls on the tree, took things apart and were hitting people with them, lost some very sentimental items of mine, etc. We dont have kids, and everyone else that brought kids kept a very good eye on them, except this one person. I would like to invite the person again, as we really like them, but DO NOT WANT THE KIDS THERE!!!!! So what should I do? Not invite them at all, or say please dont bring your kids? - and how do you do that without hurting feelings? Please help!!!

On the invites just have a side note that's an "adult only" get together. My older step brother and his wife did this for one of his birthday parties. Nobody was singled out and from what I heard it was well "recieved".
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

to be fair make it adults only, simply put at the bottom of the invite adults only, if you know someone relible that babysits include the name and number.
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

It wouldn't bother me if I hurt their feelings. Maybe it would be good if someone told them their children are not welcome because they are too destructive. But then again I'm not real tolerant when it comes to misbehaving children.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJL View Post
          It wouldn't bother me if I hurt their feelings. Maybe it would be good if someone told them their children are not welcome because they are too destructive. But then again I'm not real tolerant when it comes to misbehaving children.
          This is kinda my feeling too, but my DH is MUCH more tolerant than I am so I am trying to compromise.

Comment

If you want to allow kids - then how about hiring someone to watch the kids at your house. The kids could have their own little party while the adults are enjoying the get together. If you don't know anyone who babysits, then ask one of your other guests to invite their sitter

Comment

One of our friends gave a party and did not want to include kids so the invitation read:

"Get a sitter for the kids and come on over! Its party time for the adults, BYOB till the cows come home!"

That way there is absolutely no mistaking it that it is NOT an event to bring your children but it is not offensive either.

Comment

Just make it clear on the invite,
                that way people wont feel singled out.

Comment

I agree with everyone here when it comes to Adults only.Singling out this one persons children could put an end to your friendship.

Comment

Working...
                  X