Hand Scissoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Scissoring

Just wondering how many of you charge extra $ for hand scissoring?

we do...anything longer then a 4, gets a hand scissor charge.

namaste...dogma

Comment

You bet I do as well as pattern clips since they all require extra sissoring

Comment

My rates tend to reflect the time involved, so in most cases yes; it usually takes me longer to do.

Comment

I do charge more, just not as much as I should! :-( I need to grow a backbone....lol
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

I totally charge more because it takes more time
            Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
              I do charge more, just not as much as I should! :-( I need to grow a backbone....lol
              Me too!! If it's growing at all it's in milimeters.

Comment

Hand scissoring is totally expected for every pet where I work, so it's just part of the groom and we don't have high fees at all. I'll have a really hard time starting in mobile because of it. It's time consuming but I won't like not doing it. I've never been able to do a shave down with clippers on the feet and lower legs. I start, can't get the hair off so I always scissor...even for a #7. Any help for that??

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
                  Hand scissoring is totally expected for every pet where I work, so it's just part of the groom and we don't have high fees at all. I'll have a really hard time starting in mobile because of it. It's time consuming but I won't like not doing it. I've never been able to do a shave down with clippers on the feet and lower legs. I start, can't get the hair off so I always scissor...even for a #7. Any help for that??
                  rofl rev?? what are you talkn about not being able to shave the legs or feet?? just hold the leg out and go down it with a 7...hold behind the leg with you hand, and do the front of the feet..going down...what problem are you having??

Comment

I charge for a sciss a/o definately. For just the legs, depends on how long they want them. Usually I sciss finish to neaten all my snap on trims anyway.
                    Erin
                    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I always hand scissor the legs, even if I set the length with a comb. For a full body hand-scissor, I would charge more. Now, I just use a comb, and just scissor neaten. So nice to have those longer length combs. Real time savers!
                      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
                        revwind -

same here .... i honestly can't imagine, after working at this shop, NOT hand scissoring almost every dog (puppy cuts/shavedowns, etc.) ... it is just part of the groom.

Comment

Excuse me, I'm confused. Do some places NOT scissor finish grooms?

Comment

This is interesting, because other than a couple poodle trims, I've never tacked on scissoring charges, but I should be I think.

I groomed a shihtzu today who is B comb in reverse with CV, but still needs alot of neatening. She fusses over touching the legs, so they are mostly all hands scissor. I spent 1.5 hours on this one little dog.

I'm not the fastest with scissors than I am with clippers. I'm trying to pick up my speed better, but gosh, that hand scissoring really is time consuming for certain dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                              rofl rev?? what are you talkn about not being able to shave the legs or feet?? just hold the leg out and go down it with a 7...hold behind the leg with you hand, and do the front of the feet..going down...what problem are you having??
                              Oh I do shave them, I just can't get all the hair off like some groomers can, no matter how many times I go over a foot, so I end up half-a$$ing the shave part and just fluff and scissor anyway. I'm a nit-picky perfectionist who prefers hand tools to power tools! But for mobile timing, I will need to give some of that up. A basic small dog should take me 45-60 minutes, not 90+.

Comment

Working...
                              X