South African Boerboel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African Boerboel

This is Thor, who came in today to be groomed. He had never been groomed, and he lives with two german shepherd protection trained dogs and a Dane Mix. Thor weighed 165 lbs last time he was weighed at the vets

I have never in my life seen a dog like this. I had to have my boyfriend come up and check him out.

Thor was good as gold for EVERYTHING. He rolled over and went belly up so we could do hi nails. He would try to back hit butt up on you, and I eventually had to rehook him to the wall because I couldn't get my computer work done with his massive head on my lap.

I love this dog! He is SOOOO sweeet and loving. Big giant baby.
    Attached Files

My coworkers old boss used to have (and I am sure still does) have a SAB. They are really cool looking. I have never met one in person but hope to someday Lucky!!!!

Comment

great dogs, he's larger than normal, but who cares? temperment is wonderful.
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Ive always wanted to meet one of these guys ever since I seen a pic in an FCI breed book. Im jealous, cant wait till I can see pics.

Comment

My neighbor breeds them. He has some beautiful dogs. Great temperaments too.
          "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Met one a few years ago, a really beautiful dog.
            Jacob

Comment

How neat. I wonder of they share ancestry with the Neo Mastiff? The boning and feet sure look similar to a Neo.

Comment

I seee

a family resemblance. Both cute.

Comment

see spot run

ever see the film
                  see spot run
                  ? very very funny...from about 7 or 8 years ago...this dog reminds me of the main dog in that film

Comment

We had one in my terv.'s puppy kindergartan class. He was a hoot!
                    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

I WANT one!! What a cute, giant oaf! Lucky you! I love to see rare breeds and this one is adorable enough that I'd take it home in a heartbeat.

Comment

I want him too. I love the idea of a protection dog,who looks fierce, and is huge, but has a wonderful sweet temperment. You wouldn't feel scared walking alone with that dude. Cesar had one on his show that was owned by Patti Labele, he was quite aggresive,and potentially dangerous, till Cesar figured out his problems, he was very misunderstood,and feared, and kennelled 24/7.
                        "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                        Quote:Cath

Comment

Wow! I showed this to my Husband,,and of course he thought he was really cool. What a giant--and a lover? awesome!!
                          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Ceaser had an episode with one. Gorgeous.

Comment

I love the way they look; I'd love to see on in person! We had a dog come in a few years back that the owners said was one...it so was not, lol.
                              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X