Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestions for christmas bonuses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions for christmas bonuses...

For all of you bosses - what king of bonus do you give your groomers/bathers or do you? With the economy, we really aren't giving raises, but want to give a bonus that will reflect our appreciation.

For all of you groomers, what would make you happy (understand that most bosses don't own a $$$ tree!!!)

Thanks for any and all input!

I have never worked for some place that gave a Christmas bonus. I would be ecstatic to get anything. I do think it would be appropriate to give gift cards to places that sell grooming equipment. This year I am gifting myself w/ a bathing apron, I'm tired of being so wet and stinky all day. I don't know if Petedge, Ryans, etc. has gift cards, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

Comment

I gave Molly some grooming supplies to help get her started...

what about gift card to Bath n body works for girls & home depot or something like that for the men.
      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

What makes me happy? Anything that shows Bossman has given me some thought besides, I wonder if she could squeeze in a 100 lb Mastiff today? A $25 gift card to Petco and a day off with pay would make my day!
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Cash or gift cards for something that pampers like Bath and Body Works or a massage or pedicure. Maybe a gift card for a restaurant. There are some companies that have gift cards where you go online and can pick out your own gift. Those can be fun and I think they have price ranges that fit most budgets and the recipient doesn't know how much you paid for it. So say if you can only afford $20.00 to get an employee a gift they get a card and can go online and pick out a piece of jewelry or scarf or flashlight.....whatever.

Comment

I used to work at a kennel and one year everyone got a $75 bonus. Another year the girls got a cute yard handbag with bath and bodyworks stuff inside, I dont think any men worked there at the time. I like the grooming store giftcard idea!

Comment

I work at a Vet Clinic in the kennel, not grooming. Last year everyone at the clinic was asked to meet at the local Ruby Tuesdays. We were given $50 dollar gift cards to use at the outlet mall across the street. Bossman gave us 2 hours to go spend the money on ourselves and bring our new gifts back for show and tell over a small lunch. I know all that costs money but maybe it gives you an idea.
              One year during that really tight time, when gas prices were starving some people we were given gas cards. I received cute christmas pj's several years ago. (was 21, we're mothered in the kennel)
              I dont think they're doing anything this year, we all agreed to forgo our yearly raise back in May. It's a little tight this year. They may feed us, everyone cooks.
              ("They" are a married couple, both doctors, who own the clinic)
              Maybe a small stocking with:
              ~20 or 25 dollar gift card to B&N, a petsomething, Visa has giftcards you can spend anywhere
              ~scrunchie pack for girls (I always have my hair up at work)
              ~scratch off ticket
              ~dollar tree thingys
              ~Do they have hobbies other than grooming, a lot of groomers are artistic, journals, coloured pens/markers (ultrafine tip sharpies)

Hope that gives ya somewhere to start.

Comment

I always give a bonus of a percentage of salary and a gift as well but we stay open after the holidays. This year we are closing the week after Christmas. They will get half pay that week as it stand now, maybe full if we do really well this month. SO bonus will equal half a weeks pay..and a gift equal to about $100 each. They allw ork so hard! I am working on a blog entry about it as well. Part of my "12 days of Christmas" blog I am working on this month. 6 days have posted....
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                  I always give a bonus of a percentage of salary and a gift as well but we stay open after the holidays. This year we are closing the week after Christmas. They will get half pay that week as it stand now, maybe full if we do really well this month. SO bonus will equal half a weeks pay..and a gift equal to about $100 each. They allw ork so hard! I am working on a blog entry about it as well. Part of my "12 days of Christmas" blog I am working on this month. 6 days have posted....
                  I'm coming to work for you! Be there shortly! haha

We are getting nothing. I suggest anything that shows you care, and that you know your employees. Money is always good!

Comment

I am hesitant to give my bather money because I don't know if I'll HAVE the extra to give. I had wanted to to give her a hundred bucks. She works for me Fridays and Saturday. She's come in when I've needed help on other days.

I just can't afford much right now. If I give her a bonus, I can't afford to order shampoo or get my blades done. I'm a new business. It's just me most of the time.

She loves to dog sled. She's got 5 huskies who are her life. She's not a girly girl at all. I'm not sure WHAT I can do.

I may have to give her money after all.

Comment

$50 to a $100 per year of service

Comment

My first salon the boss gave $100 for every yr of employment and a personal gift.We were a very close group so knowing each others likings helped a lot.

Comment

Will she be staying with you for awhile? If she knows your a new business she may understand. How about a small gift with an IOU for after this holiday rush when you have money. I know that's not how things are done but if you can see years spent working with her...

Comment

I always took everyone out for a very nice champagne brunch, I never did cash, I always offered one week paid vacation after the first annivesary, that went over huge!

Comment

I gave 150 to my bather and same to my groomer. I also took them each on a little trip. Bather was to the Rob Zombie concert in Philly and Groomer was a limo trip and the Wintuk cirque in NY. We did the trips the first weekend of Dec. and gave them their bonus the following week so they could shop with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X