How can I make my GPS alert me about speed traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make my GPS alert me about speed traps

Ive just bought one and I thought that I would be alerted to the presence of all traffic cameras on my route.

Presumably this is not the case?

So I have now realised that I need to download POI alerts from internet.

Do I have to buy these or can I get these for free from somewhere?

Do you know that you're on a pet grooming forum?

Oh wait, did you mean GSP (German Shorthaired Pointer) - training your dog to alert you?
    The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

Probably a cop friend of JMarti's in disguise, trying to trick us all into admitting we speed! Shame on you!

Seriously, you DO know this is a dog grooming forum, right?
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Try doing the speed limit, even if you have to charge more for your time. It's not to good for business if you have a mobil unit doing 90 in the 55, it's got your name on it.
        What business are you in again?

Comment

Okay... my post about Lucas Terriers didn't get past Admin, but THIS one did???

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            Okay... my post about Lucas Terriers didn't get past Admin, but THIS one did???
            NONE of my posts about petsomething & industry regulation are allowed but they post THIS?
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

A grooming emergency! Full lights and siren!

He needs to know about all of the speed traps. After all, it is the holiday season and there are lots of people calling for emergency grooming!
              "With God's help, all things are possible!"
              Laura Lee Ray
              I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

hehe.

Welcome to the crazy world of dog groomers... we probably can't answer your question, but if need to know about dog stripping, anal gland extraction, and how to safely shave a saggy sack, you are in the right place.

good luck with your GPS... and the best way to avoid speed traps is to NOT speed.

Comment

Try just driving the speed limit.

Comment

*rolling eyes*

This time of year there are enough wacko's on the road. My Aunt (a passenger) was killed by a drunk driver this time of the year, and my father (the driver) survived the brutal crash with a shattered jaw. With everyone out there trying to get that last minute gift and visit with their relatives... We don't need to worry about being side swiped by a speeder. Please monitor your speed especially this time of year.
                    I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                      Probably a cop friend of JMarti's in disguise, trying to trick us all into admitting we speed! Shame on you!

Seriously, you DO know this is a dog grooming forum, right?
                      How did I get pulled into this one. Trust me, I don't have any cop friends.

Years ago, there was Speedtrap.com, but I think it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JMarti521 View Post
                        How did I get pulled into this one. Trust me, I don't have any cop friends.
                        Well, I figured since you're a spy for the IRS that you might know each other....

Just kidding, big guy! You know I love ya!

Stay safe over there, OK?
                        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by Poodlestar View Post
                          Welcome to the crazy world of dog groomers... we probably can't answer your question, but if need to know about dog stripping, anal gland extraction, and how to safely shave a saggy sack, you are in the right place.

good luck with your GPS... and the best way to avoid speed traps is to NOT speed.
                          I think y'all scared him...*evil grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Candee View Post
                            *rolling eyes*

This time of year there are enough wacko's on the road. My Aunt (a passenger) was killed by a drunk driver this time of the year, and my father (the driver) survived the brutal crash with a shattered jaw. With everyone out there trying to get that last minute gift and visit with their relatives... We don't need to worry about being side swiped by a speeder. Please monitor your speed especially this time of year.
                            Excellent post! I'm one of the bad ones when it comes to getting impatient while driving. It's always nice to have a reminder that it's better to be a little behind schedule than risk our lives and the lives of others, by driving too fast or recklessly. I'm also very sorry for your loss, it must make this time of year difficult for you and your family.

Comment

lol

Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X