OT: We found our silver lining!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: We found our silver lining!

Things have been pretty rough at Casa de Puppyfluffer since about 2008. My dad died, my SIL was murdered, (as were 2 of my best friends from childhood), DH business's has been struggling (and dying a slow death), bank accounts drained and credit card balances skyrocketed due to the economy, we lost the house to foreclosure, that type of thing. Seems like we've had our own little black cloud of doom following us around (when it wasn't hovering over Mylady's van, that is). If it wasn't for the everyday joy I find in my DH and job, I'd probably be perched on a grassy knoll or something....

Well, it looks like our fortunes are finally starting to turn around. Yesterday, my DH took a position as IT manager with a very large corporation here in town. He beat out over 150 applicants (blew them out of the water, according to the HR guy he interviewed with) and starts January 4th! Im so very proud of him and the most amazing part is the salary! 6 figures a year, to start, with benefits, 401k, vacation, etc. We have NEVER seen that kind of money. If our calculations are correct, we should be able to pay off all of our debt in two years! Oh, to be debt-free!

I don't post much personal info here anymore (learned my lesson about THAT the hard way!), but this news was just too good to keep to myself!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

VERY EXCITING!!!! I'm soooo happy for you. Sorry to hear about you hardships, but it's great that things are finally looking up - WAY, WAY up.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
      Seems like we've had our own little black cloud of doom following us around (when it wasn't hovering over Mylady's van, that is).
      Yeah, I'm pretty sure it followed my van around for a couple of weeks.
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

That's so great! It sounds like you really deserve to have some good luck for a change. I'm very happy for you! What a great way to start of a new year!

Comment

How wonderful!
          Glad to hear you have something to look forward to
          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
          Apparently common sense isn't all that common
          *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Excellent news! I am a firm believer that if you do the right things and make the right decisions, things will always eventually fall into place! Way to go! Hope your hubby LOVES his new job!

Comment

that is great! Hope everything turns out the way you want it to!

Comment

I can't wait to celebrate with you!! That is good. Sometimes it is hard to see the light, I know that feeling. We have been lucky enough that my job has paid the bills and hubby gets unemployment, but I always know the next big disaster could be right around the corner.

Comment

That is great! I'm glad for your family! There have been times in my life that were very bleak,and the only thing that kept me going was the belief that if i had hope,faith,and kept trying sooner or later the bad stuff would pass.
                  "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                  Quote:Cath

Comment

That is great news! Congrats. It will be so nice to have a little breathing room im sure.

Comment

congratulations! good things do come to those that wait it out.It has been a tough couple years for many people .Best of luck to the both of you

Comment

Yep, been pretty rough year for alot of folks. I'm truly happy for you and I hope your DH enjoys his new job. Heres wishing for a better 2010 for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                          I don't post much personal info here anymore (learned my lesson about THAT the hard way!), but this news was just too good to keep to myself!
                          Oh, I hear ya, kid!
                          I am SOOOOOO very happy for you, Fluffer. You are great for this board--I feel it from your posts and what you share, and that leads me to believe that you are also great for this world, and this industry. More great people need to get their damned break!!! For that matter, so do more not so great people,,then,,maybe they'd go forth and be great after all!
                          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

What wonderful news! And it's a great way to start the New Year! Congratulations to your husband, and may the good keep flowing your way.

Comment

That is great news for so many reasons! I got the chills!
                              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X