Working on Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on Christmas

I just found out that I have to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas day! Not to mention the fact that I worked on Thanksgiving day. OMG I hate working in retail!!! Eight years now! I am desperate to be done with it. Why do people have to shop on Christmas day anyway? If they forgot milk, bread, a gift for "Aunt Sue", they should be out of luck! I want to spend the day with my family too. I knew what I was getting into when I applied for this job, no surprises...but it's just getting old. I am working so hard to create a clientele base so I can groom full time...but sometimes it seems like it'll never happen. I've even tried to apply at grooming shops to work for someone else...but nobody wants to pay a slow newbie. (I have been to grooming school.) Just venting...thanks for listening. Send positive energy my way so that I can get enough regular clients to at least go part time at Walgreens!

Now that's not fair to have to work all 3 holidays! I think if you work Christmas eve, you should get the day of off or vice versa.
    I think Walgreens needs to change their practices so everybody gets at least part of the holidays to spend with their family.
    Sorry you have to work them....
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Aw

Sorry to hear that! I'll be sending you all the good vibes I can!

Comment

I wish you lived closer...

I would love to hire a good groomer to help me stop working 65 hours per week! Unfortunatly, It would be quite a commute to NE Alabama!!!

Comment

That really stinks!! That really really stink!
          "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

thats icky... i used to have to work holidays and i hated it too. not much i can say but try to stay cheery, last year i was out getting groceries on xmas eve and the girl at the deli counter was just sour and was telling customers how mad she was that she had to work the holiday. all i could think of was how much worse she was making it on herself, so please try to stay happy i know its tough.

wishing clients your way

Comment

Wishing you lots of clients

Comment

Wow, that's really ******! I hope this is the last year you have to do it!

Comment

If I were you I would talk to my manager NOW and ask them to pick one day...Christmas eve or Day...but that you won't be working both. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. If needed, I would bring one Big Ass discrimination lawsuit right up the chain of command up to and including the Head Cheese (pun intended) of Walgreens.

People really need to get a gripe. Quit shopping on Sundays and Holidays. Stay home with your family and count your blessings. If you forgot something...tough...I'm sure you will survive.

Comment

That's one of the big reasons that we opened our own shop. I hated HATED the whole rat race at the box stores, working till 10 pm and back in at 7am. No more working on the holidays! I'm sorry that Walgreen's couldn't come up with something more fair for you. I'm putting lots of grooming clients for Elsie on my christmas wish list. Or you could move up to PA and work here. I hope this is the last year you have to do this. Happy holidays!

Comment

Oh man, I feel for you. When I worked as a food court cleaner at the local mall, I didn't work Christmas, but did on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. What a headache!

Comment

That is just not fair. Think I would be tempted to get the flu on the 24th. There's NO reason stores need to be open on Christmas Day. We ( who are old enough) all survived when all stores were closed on Sundays (and all major holidays). People were a lot nicer to each other then too. Wonder if there is a connection!!!!? At least everyone will be in good spirits-if you have to work Christmas, You can wish everyone who comes in "Merry Christmas"-no matter what the company policy is. That's a whole other thing that makes me see red.
                        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

That just rots. Walgreens is on my poop list now.

NO PLACE except hospitals and ER vets should be open on Christmas! ok, a few other places, but RETAIL? Oh Heck no!

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Been there done that and hated it too!
                            Just remember what someone said on here, don't be sour about it with the customers that come in to shop, you're making it harder on yourself by doing that. Just smile and pass on the good cheer.
                            I just don't and never will understand why stores think they have to be open on such important holidays. This is time for family, not working.
                            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                            Diane

Comment

That's not fair at all I hope you can build up clients so by next Christmas you won't have to work there! I worked at Old Navy once and had to work Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. That was no fun either. I couldn't imagine Christmas Day!!

Comment

Working...
                              X