Favorite christmas tip so far!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite christmas tip so far!

I just got a $40 gift card to a day spa today! This is a great customer, gets an add-on, comes every 4 weeks religiously, but doesn't tip normally. Well, today I got my christmas tip and wohoo!!! I was just thinking the other day how badly I wanted a massage and hadn't had one (professional anyway) in years. I usually spend cash on things for the dogs or things we need around the house, so when I get a gift card it forces me to spend it on me. What a great gift!!!!!!!
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

What a wonderful gift. Doesn't it make you happy to know you are appreciated? After the holiday rush go make an appointment for your massage. You'll feel like million bucks.
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

SWEEEET!! After the busy holiday season a back & shoulder massage will be nice! HMMMM, that would be a good hint for my DH to put in my stocking...

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Sweet!! Last week I recieved 2 great gifts.... 1 was a card from my Scottie friend,Jake,with $30 in it,then I recieved another card from my Bouv. that had $40 in it!! I will be at the shop that Im working at for 1 year in Jan. and Iam just in awe that in that time,I have met such wonderful people and that they think Im all that!!!
          i am just sooooo appriciative,I cant even relate it!! enjoy your gift!!!!

Comment

I just got a $50 card for a salon 2 days ago--I can't wait to use it--M-A-S-S-A-G-E all the way,,I don't trust anyone with my hair, and a mani just goes to waste....I thought it was one of the sweetest gifts I have gotten!
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

thats a great

gift I got my first 50 dollar tip today and a 30buck one yesterday Im soo happy. Like you massage here I come, dont ya just love how you feel like a wet noodle when there done with ya??? merry xmas

Comment

All those gifts sound so nice.

I'm going to cry my pity party again. :'( People here just don't do that. I AM trying to stimulate them though. I have a tip jar.... I have put up fake Christmas cards (so they would think that other customers are doing it so they should too) and I have even a few fake gifts wrapped up. So far ..... NOTHING! Not even a two euro tip.

I know it's early. I do have a really good (new) customer coming the week of Christmas who forgot her tip money last grooming and promised extra next grooming. She seems like she may be the type to give more for Christmas. Fingers crossed.

It's not like I am greedy... I just want to feel appreciated. Just a Christmas card is nice.
                I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

I got my first-ever "Christmas tip" from a customer this week. I've been doing her dog for 2 years now, a sweet, wiggly, total PITA bichon whom I love to death. She has never tipped me so far. This year, she proudly presented me with an envelope, a hug, and a whispered, "this is for you for all your hard work!". I couldnt wait to get out to the truck to see what was inside....

....a $2 off coupon for Papa Murphy's Pizza. I dont think Ill ever use it cuz I hate their pizza, but Im definitely gonna keep it cuz it makes me giggle!
                  Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                  George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                    I got my first-ever "Christmas tip" from a customer this week. I've been doing her dog for 2 years now, a sweet, wiggly, total PITA bichon whom I love to death. She has never tipped me so far. This year, she proudly presented me with an envelope, a hug, and a whispered, "this is for you for all your hard work!". I couldnt wait to get out to the truck to see what was inside....

....a $2 off coupon for Papa Murphy's Pizza. I dont think Ill ever use it cuz I hate their pizza, but Im definitely gonna keep it cuz it makes me giggle!
                    WOW!!! What generosity!!! (snicker, snicker) ....gifting you a $2 coupon she got for free - thats just tacky! I can see someone offering you a coupon if they dont want it, but to act like its a gift......it really is so tacky that its amusing.

Comment

Wow, you have a better attitude about that than I would have. It seems pretty insulting, especially since she hasn't tipped you in 2 years. But maybe you know her well enough...was she just joking around?

Comment

Originally posted by skye97 View Post
                        Wow, you have a better attitude about that than I would have. It seems pretty insulting, especially since she hasn't tipped you in 2 years. But maybe you know her well enough...was she just joking around?
                        Oddly enough, she wasnt joking. But she's been a loyal and steady customer for a long time, is always very appreciative of what I do, and is friendly and pleasant. I think that there are people out there who are truly clueless when it comes to that type of thing. Plus, she's not too tightly wrapped to being with...it was just so FUNNY, though!
                        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Oddly enough, she wasnt joking. But she's been a loyal and steady customer for a long time, is always very appreciative of what I do, and is friendly and pleasant. I think that there are people out there who are truly clueless when it comes to that type of thing. Plus, she's not too tightly wrapped to being with...it was just so FUNNY, though!
                          That's true...I guess if she's usually nice and really had no clue how weird it was, then maybe it's not so bad. Some people just don't think these things through. :P

Comment

I have a regular

customer of 5 years that always tips with food or drinks. She brings a coffee beverage from DQ or candy or weird diet bars from her latest diet (I always wonder if that is a hint) chuckle chuckle. She is just a sweet elderly lady from England. I figure it must be cultural.

Comment

You do put seed money in the tip jar, don't you? Nobody puts money in an empty jar; I always start it out with a 5 and 4 ones in the morning.
                              Deidre

Comment

Working...
                              X