You know you're in FL. when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're in FL. when...

You know you're in FL. when it is the 10th day of December and the temp is 83 degrees. And you hear a "cold front" is coming...be prepared the temp will drop 10 degrees. Then it is 6:30 in the evening and your hear the ice cream truck driving down the road....

Yep, you're in Florida !!

sittingpretty

you know your not in FLA

when you look outside and your blue car is white and 2 ft taller than it was yesterday.and you want to ship a truckload of snow to those in FLA :P

Comment

You know you're in Mighigan when...

You get that same 83 degrees and dropping 10 outta all your relatives in Fla

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
        You know you're in FL. when it is the 10th day of December and the temp is 83 degrees. And you hear a "cold front" is coming...be prepared the temp will drop 10 degrees. Then it is 6:30 in the evening and your hear the ice cream truck driving down the road....

Yep, you're in Florida !!

sittingpretty
        Is'nt it great I guess all of us floridians are "sitting pretty" Ice cream truck in December who would have guessed that. I thought that was the FUNNIEST thing when I first moved down here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
          when you look outside and your blue car is white and 2 ft taller than it was yesterday.and you want to ship a truckload of snow to those in FLA :P
          Haaaa it would just melt
          The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
          ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

Yayayay florida!!!!!!

Comment

When my hubby

is checking our green oranges on the tree outside that will ripen soon...and speaking to the neighbor who is putting Christmas lights on his palm trees. When your daughter grabs her bikini and yells "I'm off to the beach, Mom!" Air conditioning was on all day here today!
              Last edited by YorkieGal; 12-10-09, 07:30 PM.

Comment

And you know when you're in Chicago when you are wearing 2 pairs of socks and sweatpants, and a sweater AND a hoodie, and drinking hot cocoa because it's -17 with the wind chill.

like I did today

Comment

We're in Florida only by virtue of the map. Most people here consider our area 'Lower Alabama'. We're not in the Yellowhammer State, but we can SEE it from here!

It only got to 56 degrees here today, The low tonight is around the freezing mark. It's cold enough to have to plug the block heater in on the van and leave the propane heat on low so the water tank doesn't slush up.

The ice cream truck retired for the winter.
                  "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                  Laura Lee Ray
                  I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

I loved myu Christmas vacation in FL.

One of my fondest memories as a child. It was balmy and we went to a tiny Catholic church at midnight mass. The place had a line out the door. But the weather was warm and balmy. It was also the first time in my life I heard Pagaininis' Love theme. Rachmaninof (sp) rhapsody. Someone played it on a piano at the hotel. It actually had a magical Christmas feel, tho' different. I was about nine years old. Oh, it was west palm beach. The hotel isn't there anymore.

Comment

I don't want to hear it.
                      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I'm lovin' it!!

Yes, Florida in the winter - I believe I'll enjoy it. The last time I was here in the winter, I went to Clearwater Beach on Christmas Day......aaaaaahhhhh.....

Comment

About 5 years ago, my family spent Christmass at Disney World. Best Christmass ever, no lines for the rides, and we had t-shirts on. I keep saying we are going to have to do it again sometime soon! Im not even that far, but its cold here!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                            I don't want to hear it.
                            Neither do I...
                            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

What ever, you guys are so mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X