Update on my daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my daughter

Just to let everyone know. My daughter is home now from the hospital, came home on Friday, Dec 4th.
    She didn't even know it was Dec yet, thought we were going into Nov.
    She is doing fine.
    She has had a couple of days where her drugs have taken over and made her very sleepy and not all together.
    We have noticed that she really, I mean REALLY likes to talk a LOT!!!! She also gets upset with her Dad (mostly) when he cuts her off and finishes her sentence. Doesn't like that at all!
    She has agreed to follow our instructions on taking her meds. She lets us be in charge of them, in giving them to her at the appointed time.
    The doctor has also changed the diagnosis. One day the therapist told us she has schizophrenia and the next day the doctor told her, she Bipolar. But to be honest the therapist said it could change.
    But the reading I have been doing on both of these to me she sounds more schrizophrenic then bipolar. Guess I'm just going to have to study harder. It would also be nice if we were actually able to see a doctor!!! But her being an adult we haven't been able to see one yet.

We are just soooo glad to have her home again.
    Last edited by Pixie; 12-09-09, 10:24 PM.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Glad to hear she is home!!! Also that she has allowed you guys to give out her meds to her.

Hope nothng happens, and she's there with you for Christmas
    If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Wow, you have a tough road ahead of you, many twists and turns. make sure she is swallowing her meds, remember if she acts out that it is the disease ,not her. best wiahes to you and your family.

Comment

That is bit of good news! Glad to hear it.
        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Wow, Pix. I'm so glad you posted. I was grooming the other day and praying for your family and wondering how she's doing. Glad she's doing better. More prayers sending your way!

Comment

I have been thinking of and praying for you and your family Ms Pixie. Hope things keep going well and that she continues to be agreeable w/you and her daddy helping her w/her meds and therapy.

Keep us posted!
            SheilaB from SC

Comment

That's good news. You may be interested in finding and joining a support group for people in your shoes. Maybe her mental health counselor could recommend something or someone for you to see.

Comment

I'm glad for you, Pix. Make sure she is SWALLOWING the meds.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

this is good news indeed! keep us posted and good thoughts are with you all.
                  ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers, they are so appreciated.
                    Hubby just took her to her first doctor appointment since she has left the hospital. Actually she has two of them today.
                    It is easier for hubby to get time off than for me to change my schedule around. Guess having him semi-retired is paying off after all.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

Best wishes to you and your family and I hope the meds work well for your daughter. Also wish you a peaceful and happy holiday season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Ju
                        The doctor has also changed the diagnosis. One day the therapist told us she has schizophrenia and the next day the doctor told her, she Bipolar. We are just soooo glad to have her home again.
                        Sometimes bipolar can be schizohrenia like. Glad she is home!!!

Comment

Good to hear the good news, Pixie!
                          "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                          Laura Lee Ray
                          I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Oh Pixie I'm so glad to hear that
                            Sounds like you'll have a happy holiday afterall.
                            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                            Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                            *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Great news Pixie! Im glas she is letting ya'll help her.
                              Keeping ya'll in my prayers
                              Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X