Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le Sigh..... Why do clients pick up scissors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Sigh..... Why do clients pick up scissors?

Well Im not really ranting just closer to tears. Some very good clients of mine purchased a finished Champion scottie (long story but he is the full brother to the one they have now, they wanted another yada, yada) He was finished 6 months ago and hasnt been touched since then, they got him about one month ago and I was in love from the moment I saw him, he even made the little voice in my head speak up about maybe taking him to APF for the handstrip terrier class. But I digress, They wanted to keep him hand stripped (again happy dance , oh happy dance!) and I have put in about 8 solid hours (charging them of course good money per hour!) over the last 2 weeks pulling out all the dead coat, they bring him in today and they have cut his eyebrows straight across clean off! Gone nothing I can even pretend to make into an eyebrow. I tell ya I just about cried like a baby, I did ask them why and she said well I wanted to see his eyes... Huh? They have 2 other scotties that have proper eyebrows and a schnauzer that has eyebrows down almost to his nose! So why? WHY? WWHHHYYY???? Sorry Im very traumatized by this as you can see... All my hard work pfft down the drain...
    Going to sit in my corner and rock myself to sleep clutching my stripping knives and my norwich terrier...
    Tammy

don't know why it is always the ones we work the hardest on, but maybe they thought you were to attached to this one over the others? sooo sorry, hope salt water is goood for norwich coats.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

/

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I hate when people attempt to groom their own dogs....

Comment

awww, how frustrating..........people do silly things sometimes. It's a shame you put in so much hard work only to have them ruin his eyebrows!!!! I give up as to "why" clients do these things............some of my poodles come in looking so crazy because owners cut their topknots straight off over the eyes............

Vicki

Comment

Dont ya just hate it when the clients take scissors to their dogs hair?? Then want you to "fix" it. GRRRRRR........ Poor Scottie....hopefully his hair grows fast.... At least now they know they cant groom him themselves and make him look nice like you do, look at the plus side of it. (trying to help here...) Go get a Mikes Thingy and it will be better tomorrow...

Comment

That is so so so sad! as you said, Why????

I have one and only one Kerry Blue to groom. Last time he came in, [B][U]5 months [/U][/B]after his previous (beautiful) groom, his mom had cut off the top of each front foot because they were matted.

Comment

Ditto. Hairdressers are the worst!

Comment

Oh man all that hard work I am so sorry I hope that it gets better. (Rock yourself with the pointy ends down JK

Comment

It's a shame how many threads like this pop up. Can you do a contract or something to prevent them from doing this? Or does it not work that way?

Comment

Sorry.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

I has a nice looking Schnauzer come in today and they cut out the burrs in his coat and beard. He looked like the moths ate up his coat, what a mess!

Comment

I guess I'm getting old and crotchety. Things like this just don't bother me anymore. It's their dog. I don't have to look at it once it leaves. Ain't no skin off my nose.

I do take a couple of minutes to show them how to do it better next time, no matter what they've done. But if they want to cut off eyebrows or whack mats off, well, like I said, it's their dog.

Comment

Working...
                        X