my SS wahl combs r bending?WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my SS wahl combs r bending?WHY?

Do yall have a problem with the SS Wahl combs bending (the teeth of the comb)? I just got these and i've had to bend two teeth back in place already. Is this a prob. for anyone else?

Originally posted by geddy View Post
    Do yall have a problem with the SS Wahl combs bending (the teeth of the comb)? I just got these and i've had to bend two teeth back in place already. Is this a prob. for anyone else?
    every one I work with has the same issue with them,they drop they bend,catch a matt they bend. they are very thin metal. I have avoided buying them for this reason alone,However they do go through thicker coats much smoother than the plastic ones.Although they bend easily and are not super cheap in price I myself will end up investing in them for the sole reason of they do work well.

Comment

I've only had that problem when the coat hasn't been properly prepped. So long as there aren't any mats in the coat, there aren't any problems. Hitting a mat will also leave a hole in the coat, since the skin gets tented up and the blade/comb go under the mat.
      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

havn'nt had them long, but no prob yet. but i will now! thanks alot for jinxing me.
        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

yep

Happened yesterday!

Comment

imperfect but better than the competition

These combs bend very easily if you hit a mat, drop them, sneeze on them, etc. so just get used to it. They work really well so just buy at least 2 of each of the combs you use most frequently. You can only bend the teeth back so many times before it is time to give it up.
            Also, never, never EVER use one over a #40 blade. It will make a sound like you have never heard and take most of the teeth off your blade. Trust me on this one, it isn't pretty.
            The pro's outweigh the cons, though, they are worth the trouble.

Comment

Thanks yall for the info. I have been very clutsy lately. I probably bang my IVAC around too much and don't realize it. They def. feel better than using the plastic. I need to be aware and more careful with them.

Comment

Working...
              X