Dogs 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs 101

Did anyone see the last episode? Some of the dogs they were talking about were Havanese and Pomeranians. I couldn't believe my ears when they said "if you don't want to brush your dog every day then the Havanese is NOT for you". Then they said that the Poms need to be groomed by a professional groomer every 4-6 weeks! I was thrilled! Could our comments to Animal Planet have been a catalyst?
    Last edited by LJRSnowcat; 12-07-09, 10:45 AM.

Originally posted by LJRSnowcat View Post
    Did anyone see the last episode? Some of the dogs they were talking about were Havanese and Pomeranians. I couln't believe my ears when they said "if you don't want to brush your dog every day then the Havanese is NOT for you". Then they said that the Poms need to be groomed by a professional groomer every 4-6 weeks! I was thrilled! Could our comments to Animal Planet have been a catalyst?

I'm glad they got something right, for a change. But our recent comments had nothing to do with it. That show was "in the can" weeks, if not months, ago.

Comment

I would certainly hope so. If they want their informational shows to have any credibility, the groomers who watch it have to find it credible, also.

Comment

Hate to break it to ya but those episodes were likely recorded months ago. Not last week. AP has no intentions of fixing things or else GHI would have been better the second season.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

All good points. I didn't think about the fact that those episodes were recorded previously, probably last year!

Comment

when I did the Cats 101 episode last year, we filmed in September and then it first ran in December. And that was on crunch time, they told me. Most shows are done well ahead of airing time, as others have already stated.

And they got all sorts of info wrong on the Cats 101 episode despite the fact that they were told correct info back during filming. The folks that actually do the filming and editing are contractors working for a production company hired by Discovery channel/Animal Planet. So what happens during filming and what ends up on TV are two different things altogether. They were at my home and salon filming for 11 hours. What got cut, spliced, chopped, glued, and edited back together was like less than 10 minutes of stuff I don't even remember happening.

One of the "facts" they got wrong on Cats 101 was the statement that shorthair cats (the American Shorthair, to be exact) do not mat. But when the filming crew was at my salon I showed them all sorts of pelts that I had removed from both long hair and short hair cats including the American Shorthair. They sure can mat!

Comment

One of the "facts" they got wrong on Cats 101 was the statement that shorthair cats (the American Shorthair, to be exact) do not mat. But when the filming crew was at my salon I showed them all sorts of pelts that I had removed from both long hair and short hair cats including the American Shorthair. They sure can mat!

I about fell over the first time I groomed a matted short haired cat.I owned cats all of my life long and short haired none of them ever had matting not even a tangle.until I became a groomer I did not know cats needed to be groomed at all.It was an eye opener I tell ya.

Comment

Working...
              X