Update!! Employees Undercutting Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update!! Employees Undercutting Prices

ok so heres how it went today! I let her come in to groom the dogs she had scheduled. After she was finished I told her I wanted to speak with her. So into my office we go. I told her after today I would not be needing her any longer...then came the "why"? I explained the situation,,that what she did was wrong and was one hair shy of stealing! And to have the nerve on my property, on a dog that was on my book...sooooooo..guess what? she lied..no big surprise. She lied, and dug her hole deeper and deeper, this went on for 10 mins! I didn't say anything, that girl was my best friend...I didn't even talk to her...ya da ya da ya da..ok...going in circles here. She called the client, who was a friend of hers, who of course tried to lie to me about it, I in turn said I will speak to her husband since he's the one that told it. so I asked for his cell number, she gave it...as fast as I could dial, I got the recording...so n so is on the phone...called her number , busy. gee, doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out. So, I just decided it didn't matter. Shes out. so she keeps on ...tryn to cover her ass...next..the womans husband calls me! ok..says she didnt' say anything to my wife...ya da ya dal..ok don't matter. I said what are you talkn about? hehehe playn dumb..well how did he know unless he just talked to his wife! smart. lol the groomer comes back in...begging to stay, starts to cry...I didn't budge. she walks down the hall...ok Im thinkn finally shes leaving...here she comes back again lol this time...fessin up! ok..I maybe made a mistake, but we all make mistakes dont' we? uh yeah I said and your second mistake was lying to me to cover yourself and having your friends lie to me as well. I don't need the problems..you are not my company material. sorry.thats final...(I felt like the "Donald" )lol so, finally she goes out the door...sits in her car in the parking lot for another 10 mins or so, and finally leaves. Hopefully...thats the end of it. She only worked there one day anyway, so nothing lost and I don't think I did anything illegal since shes not even technically hired. She could not groom to suit me anyway, as I had to go over a couple of the dogs she groomed on Friday. no passa testa...LOL end of the story now, tomorrow, new groomer! lol see has this one works out!
    Last edited by hairdevil; 03-27-07, 06:54 PM. Reason: typo

Wow! You're good. I would've crumpled I think, lol. Even reading your post I was thinking...maybe she didn't do it...ok, you can stay. Then she confessed!!! Wow. What you-know-whats! Hopefully you taught that girl a lesson that obviously her parents failed to teach her: character.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I'm glad you stuck to your guns. You would never have been able to trust her. I hope you have more luck with your next groomer.

Comment

Good job.. I'm very proud of you.

Comment

Whew! I couldn't have done that. I HATE confrontation. Congrats on settling it though. I do hope the next one works out.

Comment

Great Job. I would have been a nervous wreck but you handled it well.

Comment

Well done, now start tomorrow off with the policies lecture!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Awesome, that was like reading a script from a soap opera, I couldn't stop reading because I usually don't read the looong ones, but I couldn't look away, lol. I was picturing all of it in my head as it unfolded. Anyway... oh yeah, good job on givin her the boot!

Comment

Good for you

Wow, she could never ever be trusted. She did it to herself. Very good that you went well into it. I also read it all. Reminds me of someone I was confronting long ago, she says after a bit, To tell you the truth, I lied. Oh this truth.

Reminds me of long ago a groomer no-showed or was late one too many times. I had warned her. Then I told her one more time she was out of there. A couple of days she's very late, again. She told us all about the cat that got hit by a car, stating the driver just drove off. She stopped and comforted the poor little old lady who owned the cat. Okay, I said, one more time. Well a darling employee went to the place on the street to see how the old lady was and see if anything she could do to help her. No old lady, no dead cat was on that street that day. We were very angry and that good lying employee was terminated. Taught me a bit too much mistrust, but still taught me a lot, as did your past employee.
                    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I had to go to the orignal post to read what had happened.

OMG! now that takes a big set oF HooHaa's to be that sneeky.

Comment

Does'nt it feel good to take charge?!!
                        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy1 View Post
                          Well done, now start tomorrow off with the policies lecture!
                          Ditto. And put it in writing. Give everyone a copy, and make them sign off on it.

Comment

Wow, I would have crumbled. Especially with the wife and husband calling for her. That's so great that you stuck to your guns and the truth finally came out of her. I'm so glad you got back to us! I couldn't wait to read what happened.

Comment

gee thanks everyone!! yes, it did feel good to be "Ms. Donald" lol Im just glad its not something I have to do very often! Only the 2nd one in 9 years, so guess thats not bad! lol today went wonderfully! The new groomer is fantastic. I don't have to watch over her to be sure things are done correctly! Now, I have to get a receptionist and another bather...then I'll be all set for the season! I can tell its going to be a longggg summer!

Comment

Working...
                              X