Chalking feet steps..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalking feet steps..?

I have an Aussie and I do the show circuit. I am new to grooming but I would like to know what the steps for chalking the feet are. I pretty much know the basics but it always feels like Im missing something when I am finished! I have seen all of the other aussies feet looking fluffier and whiter so could you guys give me the steps?

Thanks for the feedback,

Aussieshepherds

After you wash the feet with a no rinse shampoo, you rub damp dry with a towel, then work in a texturizing product such as Kolestral or thicker n thicker, and then scrub the chalk in with your chalk brush, against the grain; working that hair up and out, getting the chalk into the skin and hair.
    Let dry, blow out the chalk, then spray a finisher over the top; brushing the hair up again before you do, to hold it in place.
    Deidre

Comment

I use Wella Kolestral. A tiny dab of cream in my palms, rub hands together to warm, thin, and spread the stuff, put it through the hair, use a very soft brush to pat the chalk into the hair, dry it, then use a stiffer brush to get any remaining excess powder out. A quick light mist of hairspray, especially if I'm after volume and not just color enhancement.

Comment

On a side note, when I use Kolestral, I do a light spray of water on my hands before I apply it. I use the concentrated stuff and makes it easier to apply.

Comment

I have used white clown make-up in the past. Follow with corn starch, brush it in well.

I don't really like chalk. I think it's too drying.

Comment

Working...
          X