White Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Dogs

I use a whitener shampoo on all of the white dogs i groom. I am not sure i want to continue this practice in the future if i use a very good quality shampoo. I use Kelco line and Show Season. Do some of you seasoned groomers out there not use a whitener shampoo at all?
    Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

I use Kelco and #1 All Systems. I use Kelco's whitening shampoo on my white dogs, unless they need something different like a hypo shampoo. I do ALOT of Westies, and I like the extra 'boost' their whitening shampoo gives me. Oh, All Systems also makes a stain remover that works better than anything I've ever tried before. As far as being a seasoned groomer........ 22 years, is that seasoned enough?lol ;-)

Comment

I use Grimenator a lot. I have whitening shampoos, but think Grimenator does a better job.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I use Grimeinator or Davis Black Coat. Sometimes I use both. I've noticed the Black Coat shampoo doesn't dry my hands out as much as whitening shampoos.

Comment

The only whitener I feel safe with is le pooches. The rest have had some reaction or another. I have from time to time not used a whitener in the past. To me usually white=skin probs.

Comment

I don't usually use any whitening shampoo. I remember at a seminar I went to last year whitening shampoo's were discussed and they said it was ok to use them occasionally but fur that has been cleaned with whitening shampoo tends to stain worse.

Comment

Clarol Shimmering Lights generic from Sally Beauty Shops for when I need to turn a "yellow" dog white again!

Comment

I first use Coat Handler Clarifier, then a whitener, followed by a 5 min soak in Coat Handler conditioner..works wonderful!

Comment

The only whitener I use is Le Pooch. Mainly because it smells fantastic

Comment

We actually use Les Poochs brightener on all dogs. It works and smells great, and it's not too harsh like some tend to be.
                    Last edited by rapuzzled; 03-28-07, 03:23 PM. Reason: Apparently I forgot the difference between to and too...
                    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I like Quadruped yucca shampoo. It's an all natural, whitener, britener, good cleaning shampoo that's also easy on the hands.

By the way, do you guys who get to the northern trade shows--I'm in South Georgia--see Quadruped there? They are in New York I think.

Comment

I find that the Stazko's Shampoo I use on the majority of my Bichons/Poodles/Drop Coats whitens quite well, as does the Tropiclean Kava I usually use on terriers.

If they have a lot of staining, I'll use a bit of Mrs Stewart's Bluing in the recirculating bath and/or Davis Cover-up Powder when the pet is dry.

The two Westies I did today were amazingly white. The one looked like the airbrushed picture on the Cesar's dog food can!

Comment

I use Kelco Plum white most of the time for white dogs...
                          Not a Blueing shampoo (that would be the Ultra Blue)
                          but more of a brightener/whitener.
                          I use a Lot of Show Seasons shampoos but on a direct
                          comparison ( 2 sammoyeds that come in together, how
                          handy was that?) the Kelco Plum gave better results
                          than ShowSeasons Bright.

I also find the Plumwhite to be very gentle and use it a lot
                          on coats that need a gentle shampoo with a lil conditioning
                          (love it on those flyaway yorkie coats) I have never seen
                          any reactions to this shampoo (& Ive been using it over 10
                          years now.)

Comment

I have never had much luck with whitening shampoo's I never see a difference. I found one that was different but I don't remember the name but it was green and when you mixed it you had to use very warm almost hot water, and it had Enzymes in it. I thought that was neat, but still not enough of a difference for me. I just get the dog clean it usually brightens up just by washing it. Conditioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Poodlefluff View Post
                              I have never had much luck with whitening shampoo's I never see a difference. I found one that was different but I don't remember the name but it was green and when you mixed it you had to use very warm almost hot water, and it had Enzymes in it. I thought that was neat, but still not enough of a difference for me. I just get the dog clean it usually brightens up just by washing it. Conditioning it.

Funny that you say that Poodle. I use a ton of Show Seasons shampoos and find that the Lavender will do just as good of a whitening job as most any other whitening shampoo out there, and it's gentle. When I was out for my surgery, most of my clients were complaining that the dogs just didn't look as white when someone else did them... In my opinion, it has to do more with how many times i bathe the dog and my recirculating system. I now see that Show Seasons has a Natural line. It is made with organic plant derivitives. We will have sample bags to hand out at Lauri's dinner at Intergroom. I can't wait to try them.

Comment

Working...
                              X