Christmas Groom-o-Gram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Groom-o-Gram?

Each year I write my family a Christmas letter. I save it in the Holiday memories scrapbook that we have. It recaps the year and I always write out much about the year's hapenings and the feelings it has brought me. I want my kids and Husband to have these for after I am gone, and also for us to read thru during the year.
    I thought this year I should do something similar for my clients. This is the letter so far,,will you please give me your honest feedback,,tell me if anything should be changed..is talking about the economy in this letter depressing or too personal? You can't see it but there is a tear off coupon on the bottom, with my salon logo next to it, and I will print the letter on pretty Holiday stationary and hand sign them all. Some will be sent via email, others will be given all thru the month, and some will be mailed by Christmas. Whatcha' think?
    "A Christmas Groom-o-Gram!

Hello!
    I just wanted to send along this special note for you after your visit today!
    With another year of caring for the wonderful pets in my community and meeting more and more of their great families, I am feeling more blessed than ever!
    This September I celebrated my 29th year of grooming professionally, and it also marked the 10 year anniversary of my marriage as well! Over these years I have been blessed with 3 healthy and wonderful children, and each day I look around me and think of how grateful I should be for all that I have. This year has marked some milestones for our family, and my career, but more than ever, it has shown me that hard work and perseverance does shine through. And a very large part of what I feel most grateful for is the continuing support and patronage that I have in my clients. With the economy as it has been, times are tight for everyone, myself included, but with your faithful support, we have made it through so far!
    Each day I talk with clients and friends and we share stories of the latest events in our lives, and a resounding commonality that we all have is that we often feel the pressures of our financial futures a little more than we have in the past.
    So, in this year’s hustle and bustle, I do so hope that every one of my clients knows that I value their business and their friendship. I want them to know that I sincerely hope they are happy with their services and that that the care their pet receives while here in the salon is steeped in my genuine love and respect for animals, and passion in my career. I take great pride in my work, and while I may make mistakes, I will always want the chance to make things right because of how much I value my clients. In this economy, I want you to feel you are getting your money’s worth, and if ever you don’t, please let me know! Or if there are any different things that I can do to meet your needs, please just ask!
    So, in close, I want to send you a heart felt wish for a safe, cozy and memorable Holiday, blessed with the joys of the season, and please know how great you are to me and my family!
    Please accept this coupon below for you to use at your next appointment, as my small way of saying a huge thank you!
    See you in the New Year!!"
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

great idea!sounds good to me, everyone is talking economy so i think it is appropiate to let them know you know how hard it is for all.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

nicely written

might not want to refer to your financial hardship though. yes we want to relate on the same level, but you need to be the leader and offer to ease their burden. (imo) otherwise superbly communicated chris!

Comment

That's a beautiful letter. I know your customers will love it. You always go the extra mile. The Groom-o-Gram has a warm and fuzzy personal touch which is very heartfelt. You're a great writer Windy.
        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I believe the term groom O gram is copywrited but otherwise, very nice.
          Deidre

Comment

Originally posted by BIG M View Post
            might not want to refer to your financial hardship though. yes we want to relate on the same level, but you need to be the leader and offer to ease their burden. (imo) otherwise superbly communicated chris!
            Very good point.
            ..I don't want ANY overshadow that might make them feel I am struggling, because while I am not really doing too bad for myself, I want to identify with them; not make them feel like I am writing because they need to give me more money! lol!
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Really..
              How can someone copyright a term, in its entirety, that is so broadly used? Perhaps possibly "Groom-O-Gram", but not "O-Gram". This is a term that use used on many, many different things, not just in our industry. That would tie the hands of many, many people, not just groomers sending a letter to their clients.
              I will email Sally, but I am pretty sure that this is safe territory.
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by edderland View Post
                I believe the term groom O gram is copywrited but otherwise, very nice.
                Deidre
                "Groom O Gram" IS a copyrighted term belonging to Barkleigh Productions. You could call it something else. I do recommend copyright and trademark registration, cheap insurance to keep others from profiting on your good name and reputation.

I send out a monthly newsletter using Constant Contact. I just finished sending this month's issue out before I logged on here.
                Last edited by kats_melody; 12-06-09, 03:26 PM.
                "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                Laura Lee Ray
                I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Groom-O-Gram - see this link: http://www.barkleigh.com/egog/main_page.html

Other than that, I like the idea a lot!

Comment

I like it Windy! Very nicely written! I do a quarterly newsletter as well. I call mine the "Doggy Dish"....you are more than welcome to use the name if you would like
                    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Originally posted by kats_melody View Post
                      "Groom O Gram" IS a copyrighted term belonging to Barkleigh Productions. You could call it something else. I do recommend copyright and trademark registration, cheap insurance to keep others from profiting on your good name and reputation.

I send out a monthly newsletter using Constant Contact. I just finished sending this month's issue out before I logged on here.
                      I do like this site too! It is a great tool for sharing events and the like--very reasonable, too! Many people seem to be using it!
                      And on the copyright stuff... You guys, really. Do you think I was really thinking about the "name" of this thing when I wrote it, or the content? AhFerCripes. Let's call it "a Christmas Letter from your Groomer", then just to be safe...I will go change the file name on my WordDoc file to this instead. Thanks for looking out for me!
                      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
                      X