I need some opinions on the metal Snap ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some opinions on the metal Snap ons

What do those of you who have used these think about them? Are they better than the plastic ones and do they get hot like a blade does? I have heard good things about them but figured I would get some input (pro's and cons) before I order them. Thanks!
    SheilaB from SC

I like them much better than the plastic ones. They glide through the hair much easier and are more sturdy. No, they don't get hot.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

More like them not. The best to use with them is a Wahl 30 since that is how they were designed. No 40's at all. Make sure your blade socket is kept adjusted to fit snuggly on your clipper, becasue the extra weight of these combs can do some clipper and blade damage. Wahl was replacing a blade broken with their metal combs with a Wahl blade, not sure if they still are, but knowing Wahl they probaly are.

Tim
      Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
      123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

I don't find them to be more sturdy--in fact, to me they are kind of delicate. Drop your clipper with one attached and it may bend. I LOVE how they work though. They leave a much smoother finish than regular combs. I've had mine a year and love them.

Comment

i love mine use them all the time,i like to use mine over a #10,learned the hard way not to use them on a #40,but ill use a #30,15,or my fave a 10,i havent had any probs with them getting hot either

Comment

i love them. they do bend if you drop them, and DO NOT use them on a #40...I broke a tooth on mine immediately! Also, make sure they are securely in place, or they make a bad noise lightly rubbing against the moving parts!

Comment

I Love them they give more of a scissored look. I found the best thing was to buy 30 blades for each one and just leave them on the blade, they do seem more fragile as I have had to buy a second set already. I use them everyday and on almost every dog I do (8-9 per day).

But, make a note... their cut lengths are different than other brands for the same comb number.

Comment

Luv mine

I love them! my plastic combs are always snagging in long coats I hated using them. The metal Whals glide thew so easy and the finsh looks smoother than the plasitc combs.I use them with aWhal 30 blade.I hated guard blading till I bought them

Comment

I just used mine for the first time on Saturday and I LOVE them. They catch the hair so much better than the plastic combs, especially on the fine-coated breeds. But you do need to be more careful putting them on and taking them off the blade because I could see them causing damage to the blade much more easily.

Comment

Thumbs up!

Love them, won't go back to plastic. I use them over the Wahl 30 blade. But as others have said, yes, they will bend if you drop them and after they have been bent they can be noisy (you can try to bend them back but it usually doesn't work perfectly).

Comment

I love mine. I use them mostly over a 30 but have used them over a 10 also. Like everyone else says, don't use a 40, I also learned that the hard way!

Comment

Love them. Never a problem. I've dropped my clippers many times, I have the 'dropsies'. BUT rubber matting under my tables just works wonders! LOL
                        I've never broken one of these combs, they work like new a year later. LOVE them. Wish they'd come out with half sizes though.

Comment

I love 'em too!

Comment

snap ons

I too really like them and have only used the Whal metal combs since last Intergroom when I bought them. BUT they do break and bend. My only complaint...you can not buy single replacements....But at the same time, I contacted whal and they sent me a replacement for my broken one last year. But now the same comb (1) broke again...so maybe they will start selling single attachments.....

Comment

Love them. What is happening to the 40’s? I have only used them three times. Either a very hard learner, or I have not had the 40 curse!

Comment

Working...
                              X