HELP with a lion cut in shih tzu mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with a lion cut in shih tzu mix

I dont know if i should shave the front legs??? And what should I do with her head and ears?? Ugh i am so lost on the cut I have only done a few and always were on Poms.

I usually ask the customer what they prefer. I was taught to leave the front legs, but I saw so many done with just the ruff around the neck that I started asking the client.

Comment

Originally posted by shibalove View Post
      I dont know if i should shave the front legs??? And what should I do with her head and ears?? Ugh i am so lost on the cut I have only done a few and always were on Poms.
      when I do lion cuts on any breed I try to make it look like a lion not just shaved backside ears I would shave so they look small like a lion short rounded face Not shaved. the main should come to a V at the withers and blended for a smooth but still lion main appearance as for the front legs yes I also shave then but I leave a tuffed of hair on the elbows and slightly below to give conture as a true lion would have I shape with thinning shears the the main to the muscle below the shoulder she be blended to enhance it. blend and shape the main with thinning shears to give a full yet tidy look.find a picture of a male lion full side view and I'm sure you will be able to determine the best way for this breed to be groomed.I always try to mimic on the dogs what nature has designed for the true animal. I hope this helps good luck

Comment

Working...
      X