• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windywaycavaliers
    Grand Champion & Club 5,000
    • Jan 2008

I feel kind of bad...

All of my current clients whose emails I have, and those who are friends on Facebook get updates for my blog entries here. So,,,the last blog I entered was the "Looking For a Gift For Your Groomer Friend?" article...
    Now, this week I got a Les Poochs brush in the mail from an unknown sender, and I just got an Amazon.com gift card credit from a client as well. I am feeling really bad, because when I wrote the article,,I FORGOT that all of my clients got live feed or updates.
    I HOPE TO HECK that they don't think I wrote that article as a hint for gifts for me..man, do I feel like a schmuck.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com
  • Alice
    Standard Member & Club 1,000
    • Feb 2007

Oh man! That is kind of awkward. Well, I'm sure they wouldn't have given you anything if they didn't really like you! Just send heartfelt thank-you cards and don't feel too guilty about loving those awesome gifts.

Comment

• NCGroom
      Toy Member
      • Mar 2008

Maybe they'll see this post too and will understand and find it amusing!! I agree though that they wouldn't get you anything at all if they didn't want to.

Comment

• Dog Daze
        Champion Member & Club 1,000
        • Feb 2008

Can you send an email explaining your blog?

Don't know what the best thing is to do now that it's out there.

Stephen: Good idea but even then keep in mind blogs like tweets is about what's on my mind today. I suppose a properly worded blog entry follow up which would then be fed again could turn this around to every recipient, with a little joy and humor, no problem, and now on to the next matter at hand.

Comment

• mylady
          • Oct 2007

Would it make you feel better if you thought I was the one who sent the LP brush? It wasn't, but you can think that if it makes you feel any better!

Seriously though, I understand how you feel. I'm sure they wouldn't do it unless they really wanted to though and perhaps your blog just gave them some good ideas, instead of the usual popcorn tins and chocolates!
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

• RileysRoost
            Teacup Member
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
            All of my current clients whose emails I have, and those who are friends on Facebook get updates for my blog entries here. So,,,the last blog I entered was the "Looking For a Gift For Your Groomer Friend?" article...
            Now, this week I got a Les Poochs brush in the mail from an unknown sender, and I just got an Amazon.com gift card credit from a client as well. I am feeling really bad, because when I wrote the article,,I FORGOT that all of my clients got live feed or updates.
            I HOPE TO HECK that they don't think I wrote that article as a hint for gifts for me..man, do I feel like a schmuck.
            OR maybe they saw it and appreciated some ideas! To be honest, if someone didn't WANT to give you a gift,they probably still wouldn't anyway despite your blog. The ones that did probably love the chance to give a gift they know you will like...instead of a fruit cake or something!

(Plus-how awesome someone gave you a LP!)

Comment

• Candee
              • Jul 2007

Honey don't feel bad. They would not have given you those gifts if they didn't believe you deserved them! I am sure you mean the world to most of your customers!
              I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

• Candee
                • Jul 2007

Oh plus MAY I add..... I remember complaining last year that MY customers barely ever give me tips and NEVER give me Christmas gifts and WHO sent me a gift?? uh hum
                I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

• LexPauline
                  Miniature Member
                  • Jan 2009

Well, I'm just assuming they get ALL of your articles if they are on your mailing list, no? If they do then they understand your intentions -to educate- AND maybe just MAYBE they took it for what it was and realized how much you mean to them

Comment

• abandk03
                    Miniature Member
                    • Jan 2007

To be honest it's kinda funny. I do understand you feel like a smuck but hey you deserve gifts. It's not like your demanding a gift. Just do a follow up like Stephen said.

Comment

• duke
                      Toy Member
                      • Apr 2007

That's just too funny. I just say enjoy the gifts, I'm sure that you have more than earned them and your clients obviously agree

Comment

• THE_Redneck_Diva
                        Puppy Member
                        • Aug 2009

If it bothers you that much why not donate it to a local rescue? A win-win for all involved if you ask me

Comment

• Debbiedogs
                          • Sep 2007

Ignore the Redneck Diva

LOL, absolutely do NOT take RD's advice! Just enjoy....they know you write educational articles and no one is twisting their arms to get you a gift.

Comment

• keyray
                            • Mar 2007

Windy that is so AWESOME and funny!!! I doubt your clients thought you were soliciting gifts, but how cool is it that they love and care about you like that.

I would keep the gifts too. The clients got the gifts for YOU.
                            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

• flyingfur
                              • May 2008

Wow. That's a bit embarassing. . . . and pretty darn awesome! Aren't you dying to figure out who sent the LP brush???

Comment

Working...
                              X