Yelp? Yahoo? Which review sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelp? Yahoo? Which review sites?

I am putting a website together for my new mobile business and got to thinking about those sites where you list your business. I know there are a bunch of them that allow you to post your business for free and then people can review you. I want to make sure my website appears in as many places on the web as possible because the yellow pages don't come out for six months yet and the web and my van will be my only advertisement! Does anyone have a list of sites they have posted their business on? Has anyone paid a professional to 'optimize' their website and make sure it appears at the top of searches? Is it worth it? I would love some advice from those who have been through this! Thanks!

I'm on yelp now and I'm really liking it. I get quite a few hits every week and I've gotten some great reviews already. It doesn't cost a penny and can bring business in. I became aware of this site a few years ago when my daughter moved to Silicon Valley with the husband to be. The site started there where the computer brains grow and thrive like weeds. Many people are just becoming aware of it here. We use it for everything. You can find restaurants, hotels, anything, everywhere you go. The only down side is a negative review can be left. That is the risk involed with a site such as this.

I will ask my daughter about my website. She got me all set up on google. lol
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Be VERY careful with Yelp searcg google for "reviews disappear yelp"......we had 10 5 star reviews for our salon within two months and got a call from Yelp and they wanted to have a meeting about how to get us more business so we agreed and their cheapest advertising is 300 a month and when i told them we couldnt afford it right now the next day 5 reviews disappeared then two more two days later after two weeks we had one review left so i called them asking what the heck was going on and they told me its their system filtering our people who are not active on their site so since the people who wrote our reviews only who a review for or business the system deletes them....ive also heard of "all of a sudden" bad reviews showing up on Yelp pages after you refuse their advertising. All iam saying is to be careful with them it was great for us while it lasted we were getting probably 5 people a week when we had 10 5 star reviews, we were getting about 100 hits a month now with one review we are getting about 40

Comment

Originally posted by DoggyDogGrooming View Post
        Be VERY careful with Yelp searcg google for "reviews disappear yelp"......we had 10 5 star reviews for our salon within two months and got a call from Yelp and they wanted to have a meeting about how to get us more business so we agreed and their cheapest advertising is 300 a month and when i told them we couldnt afford it right now the next day 5 reviews disappeared then two more two days later after two weeks we had one review left so i called them asking what the heck was going on and they told me its their system filtering our people who are not active on their site so since the people who wrote our reviews only who a review for or business the system deletes them....ive also heard of "all of a sudden" bad reviews showing up on Yelp pages after you refuse their advertising. All iam saying is to be careful with them it was great for us while it lasted we were getting probably 5 people a week when we had 10 5 star reviews, we were getting about 100 hits a month now with one review we are getting about 40
        Thank you for this info.
        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

The thing that really irratated me was last week two people posted reviews for us and i seen them two days later they are gone again

Comment

Working...
          X