fan handstripping technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan handstripping technique

LOL, OK I do not do a lot of handstripping. I only have one customer that gets it actually and I don't have that much experience doing it. I has Lisa Leady teach me the proper technique, watched DVD's etc, but I'm no expert. Well the one I do is a cocker and I was having a hard time seeing all the white fuzzy hairs that needed to be stripped. So accidentally one day I found that if I had a fan on low pointing towards the back of her, all the fuzzies would blow up, but the coat I wanted to leave would not. It made it so much easier to see and cut down my time as well. I've never heard of anyone using this technique, and probably wouldn't work with harsh coats, but sure helps me on hers! Thought I would share LOL so you can all giggle at me and the weird things I do.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

That's a neat idea. IT WOULD work...
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Award to Melissa for best lateral thinking this week.

Comment

"Fan-stripping"...good idea!
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

OK, if someone makes this technique some huge money making venture, can I get 5%? LOL
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Awesome! Next you need to make a video of this.

Comment

You Tube is calling...

Comment

the Mother of invention!

Excellent idea. Have you tried using the CC Detail stones to pull those fuzzies out with?

Comment

I just used a stripping knife

on a Wheaten mix yesterday and got fuzzies off. It looked nice that way. She is the nicest, prettiest dog and stand s nicely for me. Her name is Waverly cuz she is wavey. I got a $20 Christmas tip, usually $10. I always think of stripping when the terriers' hair is plucked bald.This is more like a furminator tech. Works well on Westies too.

Comment

Working...
                  X