Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You won't believe this - Automatic dog washer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You won't believe this - Automatic dog washer!

A customer told me about this today. There was an article in the Montreal Gazette a few weeks ago. This business is in a suburb of Montreal. I'm still reading about it....yikes! is my first reaction. Why? is my second!

http://spaanimal.com./home.htm

I just watched the video. It looks mean. How on earth could you put medicated (ie flea) shampoo in there? - it would get in their eyes.
    Last edited by flyingfur; 12-02-09, 08:11 PM. Reason: update re video

Now that's what I'm talking about!! I could finally get MY 11 washed and dried in a millisecond!! Woohoo!! No...seriously! A few of those poor dogs in the videos look like they are drowning?? Good idea, not sure about the safety?? Just think though, if we could put one of those in my Elite in place of the tub!! I could fit a few more grooms in my day!! Hmmmmm???

Comment

i came accross their site a couple months ago i couldnt believe it

Comment

that looks like more of a "wetter" than a bather. Did you see the labs drool running out of his mouth? Yeah, that sure eliminates the scary part of bathing a nervous dog? neat idea i guess, but that is pointless, useless, and i think its cruel... poor dogs. sure, it would help with the aggressive dogs while bathing...but only because its locked in a box!! I would like to see how this works on a husky, or even a poodle! wonder how those poodle curls would come out!

Comment

this contraption has been around for some time now .I'm sorry I would not put any animal into something this horrible,the makers of this thing obviously have no care or concern with an animals well being.water and shampoo in the eyes up the noses? what were these idiots thinking.I'm sorry it makes me want to put these people in my washer through the spin cycle.. This machine is cruel and inhumane and should be banned worldwide.

Stephen: Yes, we wouldn't advertise it here. This machine actually started in Europe almost 15 years ago now. It was not well received to say the least in the US.

Comment

There is a pet shop within about 20 minutes of me that has one. It looks terrible to me.

Worst yet is that I saw a video of a cat in one. I couldn't believe it. Poor cat it was freaking out big time.

Scott

Comment

I've actually seen one for cats and it looked like a torture chamber. The article that was written about it said there is always a line waiting to use it!
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I need one of these for my ten year old son that doesn't like to bathe. However, once he gets in he doesn't get out till he looks like a lobster and he's used up all of the hot water. Not to mention wondering if he is really using soap!

Comment

These have been around for a while now. Someone actually has one for sale... can't remember if its on the classifieds here or where I saw it. Also a local shop close to me has/had one. I don't think they are very effecient. Maybe for a beagle. Although I have a few crazy labs and goldens I would like to stick in there! And they are really pricey!

Comment

My sister takes her dog to a self wash, self groom place and they have one of these and I watched a Sheltie go through it. I didn't really understand how the dog didn't drown but it didn't look like the water was covering the face, it just ran off the cheeks. Also, at least for this Sheltie, it wasn't getting the dog wet to the skin. I have to admit though that it was fascinating to watch.

Comment

Mmhmm, I first saw these years ago, at least 4 years now. Never understood it. There's no way that could actually CLEAN an animal. How does it know it got all the soap off!?! Not to even mention ON. And I bet there are some nice runny **** gobs snuggled up under those tails, EKK! RedonkQlus!

Comment

This post was put in twice. My post is down below.
                        Last edited by Mamabearwith2; 12-03-09, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LexPauline View Post
                          Mmhmm, I first saw these years ago, at least 4 years now. Never understood it. There's no way that could actually CLEAN an animal. How does it know it got all the soap off!?! Not to even mention ON. And I bet there are some nice runny **** gobs snuggled up under those tails, EKK! RedonkQlus!
                          I have seen one of those torture contraptions as well and thought the same thing. It cant really clean or rinse the dog.....and it looks cruel and inhumane for the dog. I'm with Pooh -they should be pulled from the market, destroyed and banned from any type of operation. What happens when a dog gets so freaked out that they have a seizure or heart attack?

Comment

Wow!

Here's all the things the bathing system can do in my mobile:

Can detect a scared or nervous pet

Can measure out the PRECISE amount of shampoo including medicated

Can automatically detect and calculate PRECISE water tempurature

Can detect skin rashes, irritations, fleas, ticks and other injuries

Can give each pet a soothing or invigorating massage. (whichever is needed)

Can keep pets from shaking water all over mobile

Can relax each pet with a calm voice and demeanor

Is veterinary reccomended

Let's see that stupid machine do all that! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Muddpuppy View Post
                              I need one of these for my ten year old son that doesn't like to bathe. However, once he gets in he doesn't get out till he looks like a lobster and he's used up all of the hot water. Not to mention wondering if he is really using soap!
                              LMBO!!!
                              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                              X