X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fshrchik
    replied
    Gosh no!

I'd not think of doing anything like that (I'm sure smart-n-pretty was just being tongue in cheek) as to mention what he tipped.

I honestly do believe he thought he put more in there. Anyway, yes I'll send a thank you. It's what I was thinking to do anyway. Thinking perhaps I needn't have asked....

Leave a comment:

• Dawn125
    replied
    Originally posted by fshrchik View Post
    I have an elderly client with 3 dogs I groom and I do his cat's nails every 4 weeks. I am mobile. ... If he thinks he gave me more than he did, I will seem like an ingrate for not sending a "thank you" - or am I being overly concerned here?
    I've had a few regulars who appeared to be pretty well off disappear off the face of the earth for several months and then when they eventually reappeared they said finances prevented regular grooming. My point is that even though he seems to have money there is a possibility that money is tight and the $6 is what he could afford this time. Or he miscounted. I wouldn't dwell on it. If you want to send a thank you/holiday greeting card than go for it but don't mention the amount he tipped. That would be tacky. You could thank him for his continued business and don't mention the tip and you're pretty much covered.

Leave a comment:

• Smart-n-Pretty
    replied
    "Dear Mr. Customer,

I wanted to thank you for remembering me this Christmas. I always enjoy struggling with Fluffenbutter and coming out alive on the other side. I am grateful I have all my fingers afterward because I use them to count my tips. I put the six bucks to use at the counter of Starbux and gratefully entertained warm thoughts of you and Fluffenbutter while I sipped my Christmas present mindfully reflecting on your generosity.

Most Delightful Returns of the Season,
    Kirstine"

Leave a comment:

• sheilabgroomer
    replied
    What Julia and I have been doing the past couple of years for the holidays is to pool ALL the tips together and then split them 50/50. It works great and their is none of that "sneekie" feeling if you get a big holiday tip on a dog, especially if it is one that we both groom regularly.

We divvy up the tips the day before Thanksgiving and then again the day before Christmas Eve. This year we had over $200 for about a weeks worth of tips to go shopping w/on Black Friday.

Hope my clients stay as generous before Christmas.......lol.....we're going to a ski resort in VA on New Years Day for a week. Any extra spending money will definately come in handy!

Leave a comment:

• keyray
    replied
    I guess it's not really a dilemma, but a bummer. I certainly am not going to say "Gee, did you mean to give me more?" But last year I wrote "thank yous" for all my Christmas gifts and tips that were beyond the norm. If he thinks he gave me more than he did, I will seem like an ingrate for not sending a "thank you" - or am I being overly concerned here?
    I agree with you, I bet he meant to give you more. I would send him a thank you card. There is no way you can say "hey, you only gave me 6 bucks."

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied
    I have an elderly client with 3 dogs I groom and I do his cat's nails every 4 weeks. I am mobile. He has an obviously comfortable income. He is super nice. I am tipped generally $10-13 every time. Well, this last groom was the Christmas groom and he said there was a little extra in there for me and thanked me. Last year he gave me $50 at Christmas. Well, later when looking at the amount he really only tipped me $6. He pays cash. I think maybe he thought he gave me more than he did.

I guess it's not really a dilemma, but a bummer. I certainly am not going to say "Gee, did you mean to give me more?" But last year I wrote "thank yous" for all my Christmas gifts and tips that were beyond the norm. If he thinks he gave me more than he did, I will seem like an ingrate for not sending a "thank you" - or am I being overly concerned here?
    He did say a 'little' extra, send him a thank you note anyway. It's the thought that counts.

Keyray, sounds like you have already taken care of you dilemma! Sometimes we just don't think.....at least that's me.

Leave a comment:

• lefty
    replied
    Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
    then give her what the owner normally tips and keep the rest as your xmas tip.
    >>>

That sounds about right to me. I'd also tell her what I'd done. I like to be upfront.

Leave a comment:

• fshrchik
    replied
    Another tip dilemma

I have an elderly client with 3 dogs I groom and I do his cat's nails every 4 weeks. I am mobile. He has an obviously comfortable income. He is super nice. I am tipped generally $10-13 every time. Well, this last groom was the Christmas groom and he said there was a little extra in there for me and thanked me. Last year he gave me $50 at Christmas. Well, later when looking at the amount he really only tipped me $6. He pays cash. I think maybe he thought he gave me more than he did.

Leave a comment:

• keyray
    replied
    Originally posted by A1Mobile View Post
    How much did the 130 lb matted Doodle tip?
    THEY DIDN'T! Isn't that the way it always is. My best tippers are also the easiest dogs.

That is sweet, SnP, tips are holy in my opinion. You don't mess with another groomer's tips it would be like stealing their paycheck.

I did give the other groomer the normal amount. I feel really good about that. It seems so simple but it really never occurred to me.

Leave a comment:

• ferretlov
    replied

though Id tell the other girl and explain it to her that way you don't feel sneaky.

Leave a comment:

• A1Mobile
    replied
    How much did the 130 lb matted Doodle tip?

Leave a comment:

• kwpgrooming
    replied
    This is what I would do.

Leave a comment:

• Smart-n-Pretty
    replied
    Kirstine, can I just tell you how much I respect you for even worrying about this?

Leave a comment:

• caninecrazy
    replied
    Ditto everyone else, thems the unspoken rules!

Leave a comment:

• doggydivas
    replied
    I agree! Just give her the normal amount and keep the x-mas tip.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X