The things we are asked to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The things we are asked to do...

New customer today brings in this cute little white toy Poodle. She wants the body short (7F), anklets left on and a mohawk..... I felt bad for that poor little girl poodle. Lady was happy with it, said it was the best mohawk anyone has ever done on that poor dog. Can't imagine paying someone to make my dog ugly.

customer was happy thats what matters,i used to groom a mini schnauzer,and the dad liked everything off with a #10,except the black hairs on the side of his eyes,the brows were shaved off too,the dog looked stupid but dad was always happy

Comment

Today I groomed a sweet little ShihTzu named Trea'. Poor little thing gets a #3 body, short tail, and a #10 clean face and feet like a poodle. Ugh!
      "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Um, like the dog really cares what it looks like... At least the owner thinks outside the box.
        That Tenacious Terrier!
        www.thattenaciousterrier.com
        https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

i hate when shih tzu owners ask for clean feet! not cute at all!

Comment

I bet the poodle looks cute. Why not? Maybe see if she'll let you dye that mohawk and anklets hot pink.

Comment

Originally posted by PugLove View Post
              i hate when shih tzu owners ask for clean feet! not cute at all!
              I had a schnauzer that had to have clean feet! Ugly!

Comment

I have a half a dozen dogs that get mohawks. I think only one of them actually look good in it.
                "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Today I had a schoodle with a A attachment of the top of the head, 1 attachment on the muzzle, 1 atttachment on the body, 4F on the legs with very high 15 highwaters and 15 poodle feet. The poor dog ended up looking like a racoon (no offense to racoons). Owner was very happy. Thats all thats important.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by keyray View Post
                    I have a half a dozen dogs that get mohawks. I think only one of them actually look good in it.
                    That made me laugh cuz awhile back I had to do something with one of my bichons (mind you he does not have great bichon hair so not hurting anything...) my "kids" get playing so rough that they actually had pulled some of his head hair out. So since he was missing some anyway, I decided to give him a mohawk! OMG! Ugly!! Anyways...I finally groomed him again the other day and took off the mohawk...now all of a sudden he looks very pudgy!! lol...

My daughter keeps saying it was the "cute" mohawk that was distracting us from noticing how much weight he had gained since his neutering!! hahahaha! just had to share!

Comment

I Always Feel Horrible

when giving a dog a weird haircut. I have these new clients that want ring around their dogs neck so they can see her collar. Not outrageous, but it still makes me apologize to the dog the whole time I'm skinning her neck.

I've relayed this story once already but it just cracks me up! I had a lady call me saying that the last groomer just screwed up her poodle's top knot, blah, blah blah, so I go over there and since Mom wasn't home, dad hands me the dog. This poor little cute, pudgy poodle has a top knot that has been completely shaved above her eyes. She looks like King Tut. So I'm talking to poor Fluffy in front of her Dad after I actually gasp and say, "oh, you poor baby!, Look what happened to you!, Just look at your top knot!" Then I turn to Dad and say, "I can't really fix her tk, we'll just have to let it grow out, blah blah blah." He just looks at me with a blank expression and I go into the rig and shape her tk the best I can. I'm just putting on her bows when Mom knocks on the door and I (in my best professional posture) go into how I'll have to let her tk grow out and we can get it to look normal in a few weeks, blah blah blah... then she narrows her eyes at me and says, "I SHAVE ABOVE HER EYES! I don't LIKE it in her eyes, besides, I don't need her looking like a show dog." I just giggle everytime I think about it cause there's no way this short necked, pudgy girl would ever look like she ran away from the ring!

Comment

I love doing mohawks! Even better when the owner brings in a crazy clip picture and I can replicate it on their dog. Its fun

I used to groom a little boy mini poodle in a bikini with pink bows in the ears. I always told the owner I was going to give him a complex with the bows. She loved them though.

Comment

Seriously, why would you feel sorry for a dog just because its owner wants an unusual haircut? The dog doesn't care. Not a whit. If the owner likes the way the dog looks it's going to get more attention and be fussed over. So, even though the dog doesn't have a clue about how it looks, it's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
                            ... I have these new clients that want ring around their dogs neck so they can see her collar. Not outrageous, but it still makes me apologize to the dog the whole time I'm skinning her neck...
                            It's more old-fashioned than anything else. If you look through the early Kalstone books all the pet versions of the Continental and Saddle trims have the neck clipped out, along with many other patterns she illustrated.

What's unappealing to you may be very cute to someone else's eyes. I think a clean-faced trim is cute on a lot of Shih Tzus. Poodle with a mohawk? Get yourself some tattoo-patterned ribbon or some pink skull-and-crossbones fabric, and play along.

Comment

Originally posted by Kifaru View Post
                              It's more old-fashioned than anything else. If you look through the early Kalstone books all the pet versions of the Continental and Saddle trims have the neck clipped out, along with many other patterns she illustrated.

What's unappealing to you may be very cute to someone else's eyes. I think a clean-faced trim is cute on a lot of Shih Tzus. Poodle with a mohawk? Get yourself some tattoo-patterned ribbon or some pink skull-and-crossbones fabric, and play along.
                              Yeah, I know. I used to do a New Yorker clip on a beautiful red poodle. It was fun doing that clip. This other clip just looks so out of place on this little dog.

Comment

Working...
                              X