Website? what website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website? what website?

Anybody else not have a website with no plans of ever having one?

All we have right now are myspace and facebook pages. Fortunately, a good friend of mine is a web designer so she's going to build our page for FREE! Well, sort of. We're trading a nice lion cut on her sheltie for the website.

Comment

Depending on where you live

a web site can be a great advertising tool for both shop and certainly mobile. I've had one for over 10 years. Wouldn't be without one. But that's just my opinion.
      www.pamsbubblemobile.com

Comment

Yep, no web site and no plans to have one. No room for new clients, so what's the point.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I am turned off by the internet in general

because people post the most cockamamy bs about groomers in general that I have ever read. I won't go into details, but I have had my fair share of straight out lies being made in regards to my business. Fortunately I had a flood of clients who immediately jumped to set the record straight, but it has left that icky taste in my mouth. I hate how everyone on the net is suddenly a grooming authority because someone chose not to kiss their you know whats.

Yes Azoci I see the worth in it, but just can't bring myself past my own prejudices. I went the more expensive advertising route, and it fortunately has been paying off. And hopefully I won't have to get into the website deal anytime soon here......

Comment

I'm getting one soon (I hope)

I've been playing with making my own, but don't like the template ones - a client is going to trade grooming and we'll see what he and I come up with. So I DO have plans to have one.

Comment

All I can say is I would never, ever be where I am today without my website. Now I have a listing on yelp which is working out great. I get tons of hits there too. Cannot imagine not having a website. BIG M I don't know what happened but in the future you might want to reconsider. In this day and age a website is a good thing.
              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I think its the way of the future, but I can't even get pics posted and I just bought fancy camera so I could and still no, and got on photobucket and still to ignorant.
                My son in law is coming for X-mas and he is going to help build my website for my new shop, but I'll find a way to mess it up or not understand.
                Really really sick of computers today!

Comment

I don't have one and don't know if I ever will. I've thought about it but that's as far as it's gotten.
                  ~*~Robin~*~
                  "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

I would love one!

I think it would really help my business, but I cannot afford to have someone do it right now. I hope to find someone who would like to trade grooming in exchange for doing one for me. I have tried to do the template ones and I am afraid thats one trick this dog CAN'T learn! I'm an idiot. I got so frusterated I wanted to kill the computer... UUGGG. I also have an ad on yelp and I have gotten about 5 new clients in the few weeks I have had it and it's free! LOVE that.

Comment

Gotta have a web presence!

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
                      Yep, no web site and no plans to have one. No room for new clients, so what's the point.
                      You may not need NEW clients but a website is a fast and cheap way to communicate to your current clients. You can let them know of anything new going on...grooming tips...etc. It's kind of like a newsletter, really! Mine visit my site often, if nothing else than to see if I've updated my before/afters...much quicker and easier than typing up a whole newsletter or sending out cards about specials or activities that may be happening. For less than $100 a year, it's worth it. Especially, since I'm not listed in the phonebook.

Elaine
                      www.muttloversspa.com

Comment

I have one but it doesnt really do much and I dont update it anymore. ne of our YP books has a free link to a page about the business when you click on my ad, but that is it.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I M getting a lot of lies being said about my shop as well Martin, so you are in good company. The last ridiculous lie was that I sedate ALL dogs that come in the door, said to a good client of mine at a local pet shop. When I called the employee there to set them straight they said that came from an ex-employee who purported to have quit over the practice, but I FIRED everyone, no one quit and the employee will not tell me who it was. It is not TRUE and it really fried my tomatoes as my grandma would say, but I have no way to stop it except that the owner of the pet store told the girl to stop spreading lies.
                          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Websites are a great way to...

not only advertise, Big M, but to make a positive name for our industry! There are a lot of groomers here where I live, and I want the public to know I am different. I feel that my website shows how much I care for my clients. It's not always about building your business, but keeping your business. My clinets (and everyone that sees my site) knows that I have a clean, healthy, happy salon where dogs feel welcome.

Websites may not be for everyone, but I honestly cannot imagine my business without it. I have stopped advertising in eveyway except my site and my tire cover on my jeep. Those two things carry my business!!

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                              I M getting a lot of lies being said about my shop as well Martin, so you are in good company. The last ridiculous lie was that I sedate ALL dogs that come in the door, said to a good client of mine at a local pet shop. When I called the employee there to set them straight they said that came from an ex-employee who purported to have quit over the practice, but I FIRED everyone, no one quit and the employee will not tell me who it was. It is not TRUE and it really fried my tomatoes as my grandma would say, but I have no way to stop it except that the owner of the pet store told the girl to stop spreading lies.
                              WTH! Maybe she said you sedate the owners! Ambush them as they come in the door with a dart gun! Sorry just in one of those moods today LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X