What the heck is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is this?

The other gal starts to groom a beagle and says while he is in the tub, "Gross, he has feces stuck to his lipstick!" (thats what we call it here). So I tell her just to use a comb to get it off the hair and make sure the comb gets disinfected afterwards. She continues on and during the rinse she notices that the dog has a little spot that looks like a pimple only black in color and it is oozing something black. (on the side of his lipstick) She figures out thats what the black stuff stuck to him was ... something coming out of this cyst kinda postule.

She told the owner but they didn't seem that concerned.

Anyone have any ideas?

My male dogs get these all the time. Some of the females get them around their nipples or vulva also. They are just clogged pores that are filled with dirt, saebum (waxy dried skin oils) and a bit of their "signature scent". Many intact male dogs will get them a lot right around their rectum as well, these can also be clogged hair follicles--really usually just the same as a blackhead. I wasn't there to see it, and I am not a Vet, but that is what it SOUNDS like.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

tell the owner to take him to the vet, and learn to say penis?
      Was the growth on the dog's penis itself or on his sheath (you mention combing debris out of the hair)?

Comment

Penis...it's a penis..penispenispenis Look ma..no hair on my palms...penis

Comment

I was wondering what a lipstick was. I certainly wouldn't call a mans penis a lipstick - could get into trouble for that one!
          I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

Originally posted by A1Mobile View Post
            Penis...it's a penis..penispenispenis Look ma..no hair on my palms...penis
            LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I would certainly prefer to use the word penis rather than lipstick! I mean really...

As for the growth and oozing, there is no way for *us* to tell you want it is, that would be up to a vet. Oozing "black stuff" could be something serious if it is truely oozing out of a hole in the skin.

Comment

OMG...I will forever think of this as I apply my lipstick !!!!

Comment

I don't understand why grown people refuse to use correct words to describe anatomical parts! We all have them. Penis, Vulva, rectum....not hoohaa or wee wee or pee pee or whatever. Sigh......this will turn into a blog.
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

If there was feces stuck to it, it wasn't his penis. It was his sheath.

Comment

Sometimes you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I've had clients get so offended if I've used the proper terms. I try to sound as "clinical" as possible. Like "He defacated in his kennel so he's getting another bath" or "she has some redness in her genital area" etc and still some people get all embarrassed and upset. I doubt the OP was looking for opinions on what she decides to call certain body parts. I worked for someone who couldn't stand it when I used words like "penis", "feces" etc. it grossed her out. Everyone is different.
                      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                        I don't understand why grown people refuse to use correct words to describe anatomical parts!
                        Well, speaking strictly for myself, and realizing that the word "grown" may not be applicable to me from time to time.... I use the word "wenis" alot, simply because it's so funny.

I love my dear, elderly, God-fearing country folk that bring their little dogs in and when referring to the "uncomfortable to mention" parts of the anatomy....simply say "down there".
                        I know it's horrible of me...but I look at the dogs feet w/ a puzzled look on my face, and say something like "well, how is that possible"?
                        Don't worry...I let them off the hook quickly. I am well aware that my soul is in Limbotory, and try hard not to tip the scale toooo much towards "down there".
                        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Even though I teach my kids the proper terms for things, when you are talking to 2, and 4 year olds you tend to use a "in house" name for parts, and functions.
                          I tend to forget when I am in the company of adults. BUt I catch myself doing this with a lot of things like cuppy-wuppies (cups), "my monies"...all you mom's understand. Except I hope all you other mom's have a better name for little boy parts, my woderful DH taught them to call it thier "noodle" gotta love those "big boys"
                          If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

I think it is different when discussing with clients. I use the terms Privates a lot when conversing with the owners, but on a forum with professionals, I hear words I never thought I would hear and have to figure out what in the world the person is talking about.
                            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Who cares what she calls it? You know what she meant.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X