owner complained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owner complained

so i did a dog on wednesday a golden mix very skittish and anti social scared of everything,any sudden movement he would try to commit suicide off my table,matted tail i got that out needed 2 of us for his nails and he would not let me touch his feet to trim them,he was very foot sensitive,so i told my boss i didnt want to add more stress to the dog so she said hes done you can only do what you can.well the woman called yesterday all ticked off cause the first time he was in he got a trim and his paws where done and he just seemed alot cleaner and prettier the first time,well i for one know the dog was bathed well,and i made a judgment call and ended the grooming for the safety of her dog,now she wants to bring the dog in on saturday(crazy busy)for me to do pretty feet,i really dont want to even touch this dog again,and i really do hope my boss has my back she was there the whole time im trying to groom this crazy dog,my boss id gonna call her tommorrow

Let her come back.... I would insist she does, than have her stand where she can watch, but the dog can't really see her (behind a wall or something) Have her watch how he acts. After he has thrown a bit of a fit, ask her how much longer she would like to witness this, are his feet that important to stress him out? Once I give an owner a chance to see how upset cerian things make thier dogs, they usually are fime with it and leave apologizing.

She just doesn't understand, because she hasn't seen it for herself she only sees how her dog is at home. Not how he is when some one has him tied to a table "forcing" him to get something done he thinks in stupid to begin with (maybe he likes to have slippers on LOL) Also be ready to give a reason as to why he reacted diferent this time. Maybe he was younger last time, and is going through a faze where he thinks he needs to be in control. Maybe something has chnaged at home some dogs are very sensitive to thier routine. Maybe she has just let him get away with too much, and leadership needs to be restablished. Maybe he will be fine, and he had just had enough the last time, and you learn he is a dog that does better with a few breaks, or not being there too long.

let us know how it goes.
    If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

If it were me, I would have her come back, and have two people do the job. Have one person do the trimming, and the other doing head pats, keeping dog steady and force feeding treats to help distract. Majority of dogs are doable without too much stress with this system. Charge her an extra handling fee for her dog requiring two people. Tell her it is an extra fee since it takes two people, and you need to go slower and take your time to keep her precious baby from stressing out.

Comment

Originally posted by brownlikewoah View Post
        If it were me, I would have her come back, and have two people do the job. Have one person do the trimming, and the other doing head pats, keeping dog steady and force feeding treats to help distract. Majority of dogs are doable without too much stress with this system. Charge her an extra handling fee for her dog requiring two people. Tell her it is an extra fee since it takes two people, and you need to go slower and take your time to keep her precious baby from stressing out.
        oh no this dog wouldnt take treats to freaked he was just one of those freak out dogs,and i did have someone hold him while i did nails and attempt to trim his paws but he was just to stressed i dont know if it was cause it was really noisy and busy in there,but saturday is gonna be even busier,i usually work on the scared to death doggies im good with them but this dog was different i dunno maybe some screws loose

Comment

I'm sure you really don't want to mess w/ this dog again, but if you have to, try trimming the feet while he is on the floor. A scared dog that is constantly throwing itself off the table is very likely scared of the table. In any case, good luck.
          I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
          -Michelangelo

Comment

I wouldnt do the dog again, not worth the hassle.

Comment

IF your boss doesn't have your back on this....definitely insist that she (your bos) follow through on Stewie's advice. Alot of times, seeing is believing.
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

bad dog

i would have her sign a release , the owner sounds like she wants to complain about any thing that might go wrong. cover your back. if you try to do this frantic dogs feet there's always a good chance that he can get nicked do to his crazyness.

Comment

Stewiedog hit the nail right on the head........... gave the best advice that can be given with this type of scenario. I would personally call and invite her back, with a cup of coffee waiting for her, then get ready for the nail clipping derby !!

Happy Derby Day !!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I vote for Stewie's advice too. Let her watch. In fact, make her watch. Seeing is believing.

Comment

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
                      Let her come back.... I would insist she does, than have her stand where she can watch, but the dog can't really see her (behind a wall or something) Have her watch how he acts. After he has thrown a bit of a fit, ask her how much longer she would like to witness this, are his feet that important to stress him out? Once I give an owner a chance to see how upset cerian things make thier dogs, they usually are fime with it and leave apologizing.
                      I think so too.

Comment

personally I wouldn't take the dog back ,if your boss insist this should be attempted again maybe she should do it instead.I would explain to the owner I'm sorry but for your dogs safety we cannot groom your dog period.this dog should be groomed at a vets where he can be mildly sedated and monitored.The way I see this your damned if you do damned if you don't if you refuse this dog you will have a ticked off client that will go to someone else to try again.If you agree and the dog injures himself you will not only have a ticked off client you will end up sued for damages to the dog and you still lose the client in the long run.another scenario you end up injured you end up out of work for a week you collect nothing from comp unless you are out for 10 consecutive work days.. it truly is a lose lose situation. good luck with what ever you decide.

Comment

Those are really the only kind of dogs I get in my area.. Let her watch..

Comment

I actually had a dog like that, had the owner watch and she insisted that we stressed the dog out...what????

Comment

well boss called dog owner,and the owner was very nice,and my boss had informed her that she told me to stop with the groom as the dog had enough and was very touchy with his feet,and that she would be more than happy to give him pretty feet on a slow day but she couldnt promise anything
                              thanks all

Comment

Working...
                              X