Setting in angulation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting in angulation?

For those of you who get to do more stylized trims on a regular basis do you usually scissor in the rear and shoulder/chest angulation or do you sometimes use a 4f or 5F to make these areas shorter?

I always use short blades to set in lines on pets-they always look great, and the client doesn't know that it isn't fully scissored!

Comment

I've done it both ways. Just use your clippers at the angle you are trying to create and skim into the longer coat.

Comment

Many times I use my clippers to rough in the angulation, usually a snap on comb, and then go back with shears to finish.
        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Excellent question. I always tried to scissor in angulation and was never terribly great at it. I will now try with blades and comb attachments. thanks for the tip

Comment

I do it both ways depending on how much time I have, and if there's any bone structure there to work with in the first place so that using the clippers will then make it go faster.
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
              I do it both ways depending on how much time I have, and if there's any bone structure there to work with in the first place so that using the clippers will then make it go faster.
              Yup yup yup!
              Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by winterroo View Post
                I always use short blades to set in lines on pets-they always look great, and the client doesn't know that it isn't fully scissored!
                >>>

Me too, but it takes a steady hand.... No loud noises or startled dogs.

Comment

Working...
                X