whew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whew

i was coming to a 4 way and a mini scn was trying to get to a large x across the street, just as i began turning the flexi gave way! mini runs out in front of me, the guy just takes off running toward home dog follows. scared the $%#@out of me! would'nt have hurt it no faster than i was going, long story short, those things should be banned,all they are good for is making someone money aand getting dogs hurt. jmo.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

I have to say that I am not a big fan of them myself. I see very few people that are able to use them in safe manner. Most people have absolutely no control over their dog when they're on this type of leash. I request that my customers don't use them, because I don't feel like I have the control I need. I've been leashed burned before, and I don't like it.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Not only are they no good for the dog, but can be dangerous to humans as well. Ever gotten a burn on your skin from the rope? It also clearly states in the packaging to be careful of broken fingers, etc. Why do people think that if they get a longer leash that the dog will walk better, they don't, they just have a longer rope to walk YOU w/.
      I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
      -Michelangelo

Comment

oh i hate flexi leads too,whats worse is when they dont use the right size like a chi size one for a hyper jumpy fat sherman tank lab

Comment

I hate them and there is not enough room on this forum to list all the reasons why.
          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I let it be known to some owners what I think of Flexi Leashes. They are the worst idea, I swear.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

add me to the list of haters!

Comment

I hate them too

Of course my dog has one but only for potty walks outside we live in an apartment otherwise I perfer a normal leash. But I have used the flexi for regular walking but my dog is leased trained. I really think most people do not need one.

Comment

I always thought it was just me being uncoordinated until I made a comment to a vet who said, "yeah, well you're not the only one who can't hold on to one. We hate it when people bring their dogs in on one of those things."

Comment

One client has THREE dogs on these coming in the shop. She is always tangled in them herself.

Comment

I use mine for potty walks, because I don't roam as freely as my pup would like me to, but otherwise it's a regular leash for me. The flexi is even harder to manage if you're juggling it with a cane —*I'm doing good if I can manage a regular 6 footer for training!

Comment

They are useful in certain situations but I agree they can be dangerous. I have a couple larger dogs that drag me when their parents pick them up so it is handy to unlock the leash so they don't yank my arm out. I have a customer with a leash with a thick rubber section. It has just enough give to take the shock out when the dog yanks but doesn't allow the dog any roaming room. I love that leash.

Comment

I hate those things. Hate. Hate. Hate. Once, my poodle almost threw me down on the ground running after some critter he saw. I use my own leash for my customers dogs. I cannot get the hang of those things for beans so I don't feel comfortable using one.
                          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Originally posted by lorie View Post
                            One client has THREE dogs on these coming in the shop. She is always tangled in them herself.
                            I have clients that do this too. Multiple dogs + flexi leashes = big knot of people and pups! I also hate them. For my own dog I use cheap nylon leashes that I paint.

Comment

UGH! I am so glad I am not alone with those d^&n flexi leads. They are just plain stupid! The only thing I can see them being used for is giving the dog a lot of space to go potty. CLients hand me there dogs that are attached to these dang things and I instantly lock it! I just hate them...loath and despise! lol
                              Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                              Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Working...
                              X