Rent Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent Space

Do any of you rent a space inside of a shop with other groomers? Kind of like a Beauty Salon? There is a new place opening here in Orlando and that is what they are doing. It sounds like a good deal and there was some thought put into it.

I was just approached today about renting one of my benches out. Do you know anything about what they are requiring or what is require to do this? I am seriously thinking about it.
    Thanks

Comment

My understanding is a simple contract.

Comment

Ok I love Gracy Rose's quote!! I spend a lot of time wondering why we can't all get along. It is so much easier being nice!

Comment

I was thinking about doing something like this when I first opened my shop, and here's what I came up with.

If you're the owner of the shop, and want a particular type of atmosphere, it's a lot harder to control. Example: you want an upscale salon where all the haircuts leaving are perfect, but your renters aren't as picky. Also, how do you make appointments? Alternate who gets what? Have separate phones? If you have separate phone lines, how do you coordinate bathing times if you only have one time, or limited tubs/dryers etc? Who buys the shampoo?

I think ideally it's a great idea, and maybe if you know everyone and their work ethic, but when it comes down the everyday stuff, it can get really sticky really fast. I decided not to do it, cause if I was owning the place, I'd want more control over what goes on there.
          Erin
          No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

You don't make appointments, they make their own. They are their own boss. If there are walk-ins then I assume it would be on a rotation.

Comment

I rented space out to someone. I charged a monthly rent. The groomer had his own phone line, own appt. book, own clients. Collected his own money. Groomer had own dryers. Oh and supplied his own product.

Comment

is the booth rental the same as a hair salon? say a groomer makes 50% commission..ok for example...that groomer brings home 400/wk , thats her half. If that groomer pays booth rental, would it be that much a week? or a percentage of what she makes? how would that be figured?

Comment

No, it is set up like a hair salon. (I.E. You do $1000 worth of grooms, you rent space is only $350), there is no 50/50. This is just like owning your own business: You pay your bill and ALL that is left is yours.

So, during the Holidays for those who do $500 a day, your bill would still only be $350.

Comment

so if they are paying out ie: 1400 a month for space, why not rent their own spot in the first place? or better yet, buy a sprinter? lol I can see both sides of the coin here, but what if those groomers are in their "space" friends in, peeps hangn around...god only knows what might be going on with some of the ones I've seen! I don't think that kind of freedom in this business is going to fly too well with someone that is used to a very professional image...least for me anyway...jmo but it would be a way around paying taxes on employees..so guess its the owners decision...hmmm

Comment

Working...
                    X