new grooming pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new grooming pants

i don't wear grooming pants because they don't breathe and i swish all day long. makes me nuts. i wear jeans instead, the biggest problem with them is that once they get wet, you are wet all day long usually resulting in a rash around the waist. ouch can be painful. well i was in sears the other night and a sign caught my eye. craftsman(sears brand) make a pair of carpenter pants that is water resistant. i bought 2 pairs to try out. today's dogs included an elkhound, malamute and a very large golden. as i suspected, i got very wet. the pants did get wet and stayed a little wet, but not as bad as the jeans. no rash around the waist. they are a little baggie as they are men's jeans, but overall a good investment.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

I keep a extra set of clothes in my van. Rolled up behind my seat. If you do get wet you could changeroo. Just make sure no one is peeking in the window for a free show. lol Some baby powder might come in handy too in that emergency kit.
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Rash around the waist? Don't you wear a waterproof apron? My lower legs get wet sometimes but never around the waist. Anyway, I wear Dockers. I agree that grooming pants are too swishy and jeans stay wet. Also apparently I kneel on my left knee because I always wear a hole in my left knee and with jeans the knee turns white as it wears. I usually wear the tan dockers. Not too light to show dirt and not too dark to show dog hair. The material is pretty slick so hair doesn't stick and the little that does blows off easily and if they get wet they are dry in less than an hour. I just bought 2 pair at Kohls for $30 each. The last two pairs I bought lasted me almost a year and then the left knee went on both pairs within days of each other.

Comment

no, aprons are another thing that irritates me. can't wear them. the things that don't irritate me is a shorter list than the other one.
        "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

though i do wear "waterproof" HA! grooming smocks. they get very wet also.

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
            no, aprons are another thing that irritates me. can't wear them. the things that don't irritate me is a shorter list than the other one.
            I think getting soaked would irritate me far more than wearing an apron for the few minutes it takes to get the dog bathed.

Comment

Sometimes I wear an extra grooming smock over my smock. If it gets wet I take it off and put on a dry one. Would that help?
              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

How about a rain slicker with the sleeves adjusted in length till they're what you prefer? Or take one smock and a can of nylon water repellent that you buy in the camping section for tents. Spray the beejeebers out of it and wear that. Or you just use a brusher bather? (That's what I do most of the time. Don't tell her, she'll want me to get wet.) Last resort, bathe nekkid! JK lol

Comment

just to let everyone know, the purpose of the post was to give an option for other than the jeans i and others normally wear.
                  aprons are not an option because the straps around the neck bother me, but i do appreciate all the suggestions and will try some of them.

Comment

How "bite proof" would you rate them?
                    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I have a waterproof apron that has arm straps, not a neck strap. I have two actually. One has small straps that corss in the back and one has wider straps that go around my back, making armholes....Wimexbeauty had them.
                      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Im not much help, I wear jeans and force dry myself after the bathing is done. I hate aprons and normally I dont even wear a jacket, they get too hot.

Comment

Working...
                        X