Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more "She did NOT just say that" On tv

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • more "She did NOT just say that" On tv

    Hehe.. So now I am watching "The Doctors" and there is some Doctor on there discussing home remedies and she has a section for dogs.

    She recommends if your dog has ticks, smoother then in olive oil, and if your dog has fleas BATHE it in Skin so soft ROFL. She says some university did a study showing that dogs covered in skin so soft had a 40 percent reduction in fleas. Um... what should the owner do with the other 60 percent?

    Prepare for the greasy messes!!

  • #2
    You know, back in Russia, where no flea and tic prevention was available, I used vegetable oil to safely extract tics from stray dogs in our neighborhood. You don't have to smother the whole dog with it just put a drop on the tick. It will come out on its own because oil clogs his breathing holes. It works and it is safe. At least better that gasolin or kerosin.
    However, I am not convinced in Skin so soft flea repelling properties. I have seen dogs covered in it and fleas too.

    Comment


    • #3
      oh I know the oil thing works lexa.. It just has the capability of making a big ol mess if the dog has lots of ticks

      Comment


      • #4
        My mom sold AVON for years and years, she also tortured our cat by bathing it in SSS bath oil. Didn't hurt the cat and yes it works but it really was an oil slicked cat. On the other hand we always used SSS oil to repel flies on the horses.

        Comment


        • #5
          The SSS Bath Oil works for all types of bugs! It's also safe used in moderation and at the proper dilution. It was the only thing we were allowed to use at the exotic animal sanctuary on ourselves OR the animals. You dont' need to dowse them in the straight oil, just a highly diluted, light misting is all you need to REPEL them.

          Comment


          • #6
            I've never used SSS before (dont really use any Avon stuff) but I know some folks who swear by it and they dilute it - 1 part SSS with like 5 parts water and it works for fleas/mosquitos and didn't leave the animal all oily and stuff.

            Comment


            • #7
              Smothering a tick in oil works, but it's not a safe way to extract them because they "vomit" into the host before they let go. It's a great way to get injected with loads of bacteria. The kinds of bacteria that make pets and people quite ill.

              The safe way to remove a tick is to grasp it with tweezers, as close to the skin as you can get, and apply gentle traction until it lets go. Or get a tick twister.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Helly View Post
                Smothering a tick in oil works, but it's not a safe way to extract them because they "vomit" into the host before they let go. It's a great way to get injected with loads of bacteria. The kinds of bacteria that make pets and people quite ill.

                The safe way to remove a tick is to grasp it with tweezers, as close to the skin as you can get, and apply gentle traction until it lets go. Or get a tick twister.
                Old school way was to cause the tick to back out on its own with a hot match alcohol etc.Now days they have come to realize its much safer for both humans and animals to pluck it off to avoid regurgitation which causes contamination from the ticks fluids.the body will purge the head on its own but at least it wont contain a full stomach of bacteria.

                Comment

                Working...
                X