I got a job!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a job!!

okay i have a job again! whew finally! its not working with animals...i had two interviews today..one for a vets office as a vets assistant but the vet himself was rather unclear about when he would actually be hiring someone for the posistion...and one at jewel osco and i was offered the posistion..so i thought about it...and took it! its a union job and i am going to make 9 dollars an hour working in the chefs kitchen. its better than nothing and this way i can save up my money for moving out, getting married, and grooming school! THEN i can become a groomer! im just happy to be able to have income coming in again and its a DECENT pay this time not just 40 or 50 dollars a week sometimes if i was lucky id get 80 dollars a week but that was also being there from sometimes..730 until 5 or 6 at night! working 10 hr days and only getting paid 20 bucks for that day! whew what a tiring one that was!
    im just happy i have a job!
    thanks for all the support you guys have given me!
    Hound

Yay! Congrats and good luck at your new job!

Comment

congrats. You will be grooming before you know it. Try to find someone to teach you. That is what I did. Now when my friend is backed up and super busy I groom with her for free as a thanks. She did not charge me to teach either.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Good for you

Sure sounds like it was a good thing not to be bathing where you were. My gosh, 50 a week? Now you can save. Keep on here to learn so that you'll be the smartest in the class.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

yeah i know! but that was in exchange for her teaching me how to groom...but sadly she was lax on the teaching part then tries to blame it on me! yeah whatever...you dont want to have good client relations and employee relations then whatever.
          JMO
          also...i am either going to try to find someone to teach me or go to grooming school. i just know that im not going to ever be stupid enough to settle for that low pay ever again. screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me!
          Hound

Comment

Good job, that's so good to hear. I did the same thing, i wasn't making enough at the grooming shop i worked at so i had to get a job at a grocery store while I just took grooming lessons. but guess what, I saved enough to buy my own van! You can do it too, just don't give up.

Comment

i will not give up LOL! i think my previous boss was just one of those money hungry groomers...she was talking about opening ANOTHER grooming shop (or maybe a self serve dog wash) the next year! i thought to myself why not wait and see how this business takes off before opening another one?thats just my opionin on it though....im glad its union too because i have to have at LEAST 12 hrs...so im guareenteed at LEAST 85 dollars a week! so i know i can count on that! no benefits though...union took em all away but thats why we get paid 9 dollars an hour lol!
              im still debating about what i would like to do...mobile,or shop. (ie if i would like to own a mobile unit or own a shop or just work under someone...or if i would like to do a boarding/daycare/grooming salon sorta thing...hey has anyone on here done something like that?
              Jc
              Hound

Comment

Originally posted by HoundLover View Post
                debating about what i would like to do...mobile,or shop. (ie if i would like to own a mobile unit or own a shop or just work under someone...or if i would like to do a boarding/daycare/grooming salon sorta thing...hey has anyone on here done something like that?
                Jc
                Hound

Some people liked going directly from grooming school to mobile, but I liked learning from others first. I went to a petsomething grooming school and continued to work at the petsomething for another 5 months when I got bored of not learning anything. I was lucky enough to have found a breeder/handler/groomer who taught me a lot about correct breed styles. I've been there a year and I'm ready to move onto mobile because I think I've picked up enough grooming input and business input from others.

Go with what you think would make you happiest. I know a groomer who also owns a daycare place and my current employer also has a kennel at the facility. Both say it's very hard to deal with multiple aspects of a business. So you can't put all your attention to the dogs you are grooming.
                If you're great at multitasking, then go for it.
                Whatever you choose needs to make you happy. Especially if it's your own business.

Comment

Working...
                X