Help! I don't know what to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I don't know what to do.

I sublet from a vet, and share kennel space. I am good friends with both the vet and the techs. My problem is with the kennel guy. He doesn't reliably do his job. He is late coming in on weekends when the clinic is closed and I don't feel that he cares for the animals well . The dogs shouldn't have to wait till 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. for their morning walk and breakfast. Don't really know if he ever showed up the evening before either. The techs agree he doesn't do his job,but the vet won't fire him. I don't feel I can recommend them for boarding.What should I say when clients ask about it?

Same thing I do with my vet. I don't say anything about the kennel facilities there but instead I tell them I highly recommend so and so due to she spends lots of times in the kennels with the dogs and gives them more one on one attention etc. Don't bad mouth the ****** facility, just sing praises about the one you would recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadu View Post
      Same thing I do with my vet. I don't say anything about the kennel facilities there but instead I tell them I highly recommend so and so due to she spends lots of times in the kennels with the dogs and gives them more one on one attention etc. Don't bad mouth the ****** facility, just sing praises about the one you would recommend.
      very good advice IMO

Comment

yeah, that's what I've been doing. There's a kennel with several play yards,plus a pool in summer. The dogs love it there. I just feel badly about not being able to recommend my vets place.

Comment

I guess it's a very common problem. I use to work at a local pet store here a few years back and I quite because of the condition in the boarding. I can't put my name on something that bothers me so much. Even though I had nothing to do with the boarding my clients trust me and thus trust my employer. So I quit. We had a small home oriented boarding where the dogs were free run in a nice big room with beds and toys and free access to a small yard via doggy door. It was great, we never had a problem and people loved it, but we had to close down in July due to issues with the landlord. Now I have no where to send people. I cannot recommend the only other place in town! I feel so bad, but what can I do? I am hoping if I find the right property for my shop I will be able to do a small amount of boarding again, but until then all I say when people ask is " there is one place, but I cannot personally recommend them."

Comment

I really do feel for you. While I dont work for or at a Vet, my salon is right next door to one and they send me a lot of business. I get asked every day it seems where is a good place to board. I cant reccomend any of the boarding kennels close to me because of what I KNOW for a fact goes on there, and the Vets that are on my end of town just have cage boarding, and only take dogs out twice a day. That is just not enough IMO. My answer lately has been to give them the number of the in home sitters that go to the clients house. I just dont have any other options for them.

Comment

I tell my clients I don't know of any kennels that I would send my dogs to and then I add that I am pretty pickey. If someone asks specifically about the local vet, I say my dogs can't go form 5 pm to 8 am without a potty break.

Comment

Working...
              X