I'm not a rookie any more!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a rookie any more!!

This week was a huge milestone for me. I groom p/t in a small pet supply business. Monday & Tuesday I work by myself. Monday I had 10 dogs, 5 of which were mini poodles, Have I ever told ya'll how much I hate grooming little poodles, LOL. Tuesday I had 16 dogs, 4 were baths, the rest were haircuts. I had help getting all the dogs bathed but was on my own for the rest of the day. By the time I got home last night I was exausted. I have only been a groomer a little over a year. I can't belive I did 12 haircuts in one day,, the fur was flying. Today the store owner came back and told me what a great job I did yesterday & that every one was happy with their groom. I guess I can offically take the rookie groomer sign off my forehead! Just wanted to share with everyone! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving ( I am grabbing the bottle of Aleve and heading to the couch)

Thats GRRREAT!! Not only that you feel you did a good job, but that your boss recognized it and gave you kuddos. So many people forget others have feelings and praise means sooo much. That seems like alot of dogs to me (i used to work like that not anymore) but it seemd like you have a good boss that appreciates you
    If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Anyone that can do that many grooms in 1 day,and do a great job is NOT a rookie,but a pro! Enjoy some rest.
      "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
      Quote:Cath

Comment

Congrats! That is a huge amount of dogs for 1, even two people. You must've been exhausted. And its so great that your boss recognized your work.

Comment

Way to go! I can't do that many in one day! I never had help, but even with help, I think that would be stretching for me. And everyone was happy! Give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back!

Comment

Working...
          X