X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Cruelty??

Hey Ladies and Gents,
    I need some serious advice. Ima mobile groomer and a lady called me last week to do her boxer. We made the appointment and she called back a few days later. She wanted to know If i could do her cat. She went on to tell me the cat had a few mats because she was very elderly and didnt clean herself anymore. I am a cat lover and breed Siamese, so when I hear of a cat that needs to feel better I jump on it. As this lady was a new client I went on to ask her about vaccines and etc to make sur eb oth were up to date She said everyone was. I arrived at her house this past saturday and when she showed me poor little kitty, I thought she was dead. She was sooo skinny. She was one complete mat.I told her i could doit but it would by no means look pretty. I asked for proof of rabies and all other vaccines and she said " Oh i thought you meant the dog Cats arent considered pets to me she doesnt have rabies or any vaccines." I asked when the last time her NINETEEN year old cat had been to the vet and she said "NEVER" Now without proof ofvaccines I would normally NEVER groom an animal. But I felt for this poor little thing. I told the owner that I would do her but she would have to sign a statement paying for any treatment if i were to be bitten or etc. She agreed and I took lil one outside.I spent 3 hours pulling the sheet of hair off her gave her a minute long bath and noticed that she had sores ALL over her from the mats. She was the sweetest little girl ever, she would lick my handevery few seconds and howl at me to pet her. She seemed so deprived. I did NOT blow dry her but toweldried the best I could, so i wouldnt stress out this 19 year old obviously sick andverywounded cat. When I brought her inside The ladytoldme she would pay me and never use me again because of how I made her cat develop Infected sores (my consent for explains if they are severley matted they will probably have bad sores) and then she told me if ididnt blowdry the cat i "wouldnt work in this town again" I guess I wont be working in that town haha because Imnot going to give a cat a heart attack. When I told her she needed to go to the vet and treat these horrible sores she simply said that she DOESNT TAKE CATS TO THE VET and if she died she died and she would bury her out back. Now this isnt aboutrevenge for her treating me horribly( Icould care less I knew i didnt do anything wrong), but would you call animal control? I am so worried about that little baby. I need advice please!!!

I HOPE YOU SAVED THE MATS, because this woman is a beast. Lower than an animal.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

What condition was the dog in?

Comment

stay out of it! If she is intent on giving you a bad name, then calling the authorities on her will only fuel the fire. OH, and CASH that check ASAP! Don't deposit it, CASH it.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to call animal control on this one.

Comment

That's horrible!! Personally, I consider that a definite case of cruelty....I think what needs to happen is this: she should take her cat to the vet and get it fixed up and get the vaccines and stuff and then bring it home to carry out the rest of its life. IF the owner refuses this then it is causing harm to the cat which is considered animal cruelty,right?? Tell me if I'm wrong but it feels like this woman is crazy for not bringing her cat to the vet.

Comment

That lady is a heartless b****. Other than that, no I wouldn't bother to call animal control. The lady got the cat groomed. They are not going to make her take it to the vet. Just be glad you got it done without incident.

Comment

If the cat has infected sores than YES animal control WILL make her take the cat to the vet. And I'm sorry to say, but at least around here, I cannot cash a business check. The banks here no longer do that, I don't know why, but I was told by my bank and one other that if it was made out to a business they could not cash it. I don't know about banks in other states or areas.
                I'm sorry, but I get sick and tired of the "it's not your problem, don't worry about it" attitude. I think this world would be a much better place if more people got involved. This cat is suffering and I wouldn't think twice about calling animal control. Maybe I would be considered the nosy neighbor, but I have knocked on my neighbors door when I heard his daughter screaming all day to ask if he needed a break or any help, but mainly to make sure everything was ok. I have called animal control on a neighbor that insisted on letting her pit bull run loose including out in the street and when I tried to say something directly to her she flew into a rage. These animals have no voice and they need people to speak for them. Call animal control and let that poor little kitty get some relief.
                What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I whole heartedly disagree with NeaNea. Call the authorities. An abused, neglected, suffering animal who is in dire need of medical attention trumps personal whatevers, any time.

The cat probably should be euthanized, but that would be a blessing for the poor dear. She's suffering needlessly.

Comment

It's 19 YEARS OLD....what would AC do anyway? There's no point in it. And like someone else said, she DID get it groomed which would speak in her favor.
                    Last edited by MydogMissy; 11-25-09, 09:02 AM.
                    A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

I would call AC. I called AC on someone with a flea infested to the point of death (it did die from the fleas, we learned...dog needed a blood transfusion and owners opted to euthanize instead) with a 4 or 5 month old pom puppy.

Even though the dog passed away and they no longer had it, AC was in constant contact with me and did visit the home and do a follow up to check on the welfare of other animals/

Comment

I would report it.

I hope you saved the coat... let her slander your name if she so desires. MOST people aren't stupid. They see through the ****. Some people may buy into it, but i'm sure no harm will be done to your business. If someone told one of my clients that I groomed their cat, and it came back covered in sores.... My clients would probably just congratulate me on the fact that I groomed a cat at all. hehe Most are always amazed that I would even attempt it.

Cat's have rights too, and if she is going to own a cat, than she needs to follow through with those rights. If she doesn't want to to that, than tell her to get a jack russel next time, to catch the mice. Cause at least that's a dog and is an actual "PET" to her

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                          And I'm sorry to say, but at least around here, I cannot cash a business check. The banks here no longer do that, I don't know why, but I was told by my bank and one other that if it was made out to a business they could not cash it. I don't know about banks in other states or areas.
                          Most bank policies originate from federal mandates. They are not supposed to cash a business check because it would make it downright impossible for the IRS to chase down all checks that a business would cash. It is about knowing exactly how much a business makes and for them to be able to tax that. I realize most people are more honest than that, but I can see some business owners cashing the check just to get out of claiming the income.
                          I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
                          -Michelangelo

Comment

My gosh

I can't believe the cruelty. It's an animal with feelings and pain etc. I would hope at the least Animal Control would let her know this is unacceptable and make her take the cat to the vet for an antibiotic shot to clear up the infections.

I wonder how she'll feel when she's old and might be in need of care?
                            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

No, you cannot cash a business check. Do you know why? Think about an employee making a deposit on your behalf saying to the teller "The boss wants me to cash this" and then walking off with your money. That's one reason.

Of course, if you are a sole proprietor and the check is made out to you personally, then you CAN cash the check.

Here, animal control would get involved, but they would probably just confiscate the cat and do a PTS.
                              "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                              Laura Lee Ray
                              I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X