micro chipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micro chipping

did a micro chipping course today for a extra service. do many groomers do this
    Last edited by mobile marty; 03-24-07, 11:08 AM.

Never heard of it, what do you mean "course" ? A class? And how does that effect the clients? I'm not sure what you mean.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I don't have the (whatever) to do that

Even tho I worked as a vet tech, somethings I just can't imagine doing.
      Just the guage of the so called "needle" makes me cringe.

Erica

Comment

We are looking into doing this. There's a course?

Tell me more!

Comment

Wow I thought that was only for vets, since it's an actual shot that has to go under the skin. All mine are microchipped but were done at the vets.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
            Never heard of it, what do you mean "course" ? A class? And how does that effect the clients? I'm not sure what you mean.

Tammy in Utah
            it was a training course to show u how to put a micro chip(i.d chip) in to a dog. check it out google pet-detect

Comment

many breeders do it themselves

But I'm kind of shot shy. I cringe even though I've had to give shots, like when I had, long ago, a litter with Staph infection. (from a pushed upon me from co-owner litter box I didn't want to use). I wish more people did give them though, so good for you.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I'm comfortable giving shots, but the needle used for this is HUGE.

Without knowing more, I have to say I'm not sure this is something groomers should be doing. Injecting anything sounds like something that should be done under the direction of a vet. I can hear the news stories now "groomer kills dog with microchip needle" etc etc.

Comment

I have been trying to find the reg's for implanters and if there is any requirement for providing this service here in the US. This is something we have considered offering, so it was a surprise to see this topic, however, that course is in the UK.

I've found that many organizations use them, but can't find anything on WHO's qualified to actually implant them.

Any ideas?

Comment

Not legal in my state, and injection must be done by a Vet, or in a Vet's presence.

Comment

I had no idea that it was something that groomers could do! I'd be interested to find out more, though.
                      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I looked into this a few years ago. I think it is illegal in my state unless you are a Vet. I called Revival to see if I could order a kit and they said I needed some sort of Vet Cert. for it. So I think you have to be a Vet to do it here.

Comment

what would you do if something went wrong, like an infection? that's what I would be weary of.

I just feel like anything entering the body should be done by a vet or vet supervision. I just wouldn't want to be sued over a microchip.

Comment

Well i,m sure if it was that bad they wouldnt b leting breeders ,groomers ect. doing it

Comment

Why would a groomer want to do this? Seems like a medical procedure to me. Where would the groomer keep and dispose of the needles? There is no way in heaven I would be sticking a needle into any dog. Would not feel that I had the proper training. What would happen if something went wrong? If I was a pet owner I would NEVER let my groomer do this. I had my dog microchipped at the vet. That's my opinion. Don't flame me but I think this is crazy and you're only asking for trouble if you get involved with this. Never heard of this before being done by groomers.
                              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X