Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes & sells the skin works ointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes & sells the skin works ointment?

I thouht there was a thread about it but I cant find it anywhere.

I am pretty sure I ordered mine from groomers choice. Check www.groomerschoice.com
    SheilaB from SC

Comment

The same people that make Coat Handler, Odor Handler etc. Groomers Choice is the only place I've seen Skin Works.
      Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Thanks you guy I'll add the website to my favorites so I don't forget again.

Comment

I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents here.

No matter what you use on your dry hands, the "dry" part of your hands is basically dry dead skin. Nothing can bring it back to life, so what I've found to help a little is to get the dead skin off and THEN apply lotions and potions.

I use Sugar Scrub from Bath and Body works---it's the only kind I like so far. It's very "heavy" and the sugar really scrubs off all that dead skin. THEN I apply hand treatments afterward. It makes a huge difference when your hands are so dry they get caught on the sheets when you slip under the covers!

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Pet-Agree also sells it.

Comment

you can also use what I use on my Chinese Crested, something Helly told me about! brown sugar and olive oil mixture...man its nice...scrubs dead skin and leaves your hands sooo nice...and my lil Piglet liked it too! and its cheap! lol

Comment

Skin Works

Senproco makes Coat handler and one product is called skin works. It seems to be exactly like thick human hair conditioner with a slightly transparent look. It is not an ointment, rather, like a cream that absorbs into the skin. Non-greasy. It is used for skin irritation. BUT, it is very good for preventing clipper burns on tummys and under tails. Small jar goes a long way, because yiou don't need much. A human hair deep conditioner made in San Mateo Calif beauty supply and dog products co. makes a K-pak that I swear is the very same thing for less money in a 5 times bigger container. I got some of that, and it worked the same. The replys got confusing....you can use it for dry skin, but aren't there cheaper products at drug stores for humans? I'd save it fore the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                  you can also use what I use on my Chinese Crested, something Helly told me about! brown sugar and olive oil mixture...man its nice...scrubs dead skin and leaves your hands sooo nice...and my lil Piglet liked it too! and its cheap! lol
                  What measurements did you use? I am going to try this and I bet it would smell nice if I added a tsp of vanilla or maybe a squeeze of lime or other citrus. What do you think? I am talking about using it on myself, not my dog....lol...The bath products are just soooo expensive, but I need another good exfoliant because I splurged on some self-tanners yesterday. Have to do something about these lilly white winter legs and I am getting to old to not be concious of sun damage!
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

That sounds just like a homemade sugar scrub to me (Hairdevil's suggestion). Sounds like a plan!

I just like the scents of the Bath and Body works sugar scrubs---but the sugar crystals are also larger as well. Either way, get that dead skin flakey stuff OFF, and then coat your hands. They feel soooo much better.

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

When I use Skinworks, groomers mud, utter butter, any of those great remoisturizers put some in two plastic baggies and then put your hand in the baggies and rub around. I then place my hands (while still in the baggies) on top of a warm heating-pad for about 5-10 minutes. OMG- talk about leaving your hands soft.

During the winter months my hands crack and bleed from dryness, so my Dr. told me to do this and I am forever grateful:-) PS- also works for feet.

Comment

I wish I knew what was in skin works, its an amazing salve! I had a poodle with clipper burn on the face, I applied skin works and by the time the owner picked up, the face had very little redness and no greaseyness to it. I of course told the owner, but she was understanding because she used to groom him herself and he'd get it. (This is the poodle I posted in the dutch clip that she called a lamb, actually it was the same time I took the pic so you can see how little redness there is)

Comment

Working...
                        X