Skunk-Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunk-Off?

I keep seeing the ad in GTG for Skunk-Off, and wonder if any of you have used this. Sounds too good to be true...but maybe?? I just know my number's gonna be up shortly for my kids getting skunked. Can you imagine 3 cockers with coat coming in at 10:00 reeking of skunk? That would be an all-nighter for sure! If it does as advertised, I would order some for retail-I don't do fresh skunk dogs. (Unless they're mine)
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I was wondering the same thing about the skunk-off.
    I was at work the other night and one of the nurses I work with had the night off so she called me all upset because her cat got skunked. She asked me what to do but I couldn't remember what I read in here awhile back. So i asked the secretary to get in this website and find the thread for me. I called my friend back and told her what to do but haven't heard from her because I been off for a couple days and won't be back to work until monday. I just hope it's good news! lol That's why I love this site, it's there when you need it.

Comment

I had a customer bring in two shelties that were skunked the night before and she had an 8oz bottle of Skunk-off that she wanted us to use. It took the whole bottle to do both dogs and worked pretty good. Personally on my own dog I use the peroxide/baking soda/dawn detergent mix and I think it works perfectly.

Comment

It has a real perfumy smell and I had a client complain that it smelled worse than the skunk smell.
        I had to go back out and re-wash the dog to get the skunk-out off.
        Perioxide mix works much better and has a more neutral smell.

Comment

i din't think the product was very effective. it seems to simply mask one smell with another. the dawn/ baking soda mix is what i use in the truck or tell people by phone when they call. there is a short period of time that if you do it immediately, you can get rid of the odor entirely. i always tell people to throw out the collar. they are cheap and very difficult to get the odor out.
          Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
          "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I've used it in the past. The problem has always been that the pet owner tried to de-skunk the dog at home first, and all they accomplish is spreading the skunk oil over a greater portion of the dog, and setting it in the coat. So I never had the opportunity to treat a dog that hadn't already been washed.

Personally, I haven't found anything that works better than the peroxide mixture. They even did a segment on MythBusters about this, and they didn't find anything that works better than the peroxide mixture, either.

Comment

I requested the sample & finally got to try it last week.

It smells better than most skunk shampoos, but that isn't saying much! It's perfumey. I have to say though, I was not very impressed with it. I had to use the entire 8oz bottle on a beagle sized dog. I let it sit on him for 15 minutes, washed his head several times with the Skunk-Off, and still had to revert back to the baking soda/peroxide/Dawn to get the smell off.

Comment

I read in a magazine review the Nuhemps skunk remover was really good, anyone tried that?

Comment

Working...
                X