Sad Groom Today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Groom Today...

I did an ol'girl today, deaf as a door nail, 16 years old, bad heat, skin disorder, flea bitten and FULL of cancer. Very sad.
    I rarely say it but she should see a vet and their opinion must be considered! The owner admitted the vet wanted to put her down but he couldn't bear to part with her. This lovely little girl follows him everywhere, unleashed. When he goes in a store he tells her to stay (mind you she is deaf but KNOWS) and she sits like a statue. She was so good, so sweet.

I honestly hope I don't have to groomer her again cause she broke my heart...

What a sad sweet story. Those little ones can just break your heart.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

awe..this is a very sad thing, but look at it like this...she is still following the owner around and sounds like a good quality of life (probably better than a dog that sits in the backyard and has food tossed at it and that's it) and she is being groomed, so you know they care for her....if you do groom her again, don't let it break your heart to much..give her a kiss and think of her as lucky!!

Comment

Originally posted by elliemae View Post
        awe..this is a very sad thing, but look at it like this...she is still following the owner around and sounds like a good quality of life (probably better than a dog that sits in the backyard and has food tossed at it and that's it) and she is being groomed, so you know they care for her....if you do groom her again, don't let it break your heart to much..give her a kiss and think of her as lucky!!
        DITTO! Dogs tolerate pain so much better than we do (except Spike), lol, and the fact that this ol' girl is following her own around like that shows she knows what's goin' on! "I'm followin' my pack leader and he's keeping me safe from the bad guys."

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

What kind is she?

Ahhhhh, what kind is she? Too bad ya didn't take a photo.I have a 16yr old Monday. A chihauahua, peek, terrier, poodle mix. I will probbaly have to muzzle him. Owner said Pet-----didn't say he tried to bite. I thought they were NOT allowed to tell people if the dog bites or requires a muszle. Where did I hear that? She understands that if he is difficult, we will just stop. I am not a ticker on a cab....so if I start and can't finish, I expect to be paid fairly.I have been bitten before and when I couldn't finish, they didn't want to pay anything, cuz the dog wasn't finished! Finished eating me?Whaaaaaaa Did the little thing prance after her beauty treatment?

Comment

Soo Sad

Her body may be failling her but she is happy and sometimes that's all that matters. Sometimes a person should listen to their head and not their heart, and sometimes it ok to do the opposite (within reason)

My bf waited to long to put his old cocker girl down (last living memory of his mom). Deaf as a stone, Blind as a bat with more bad days than good. Then one night she asked him to do it, and the next day he did. Personly I think she knew he wasn't ready for her to leave.

4 days later we found a cocker girl on the side of the road. I still believe to this day that someone sent her there to comfort him. And comfort him she did (his little shadow) And when it was her time he was ok with letting her go,as much as he loved her this was going to be the best thing for her. He wasn't going to make going to make her wait till he was ready.

When you groom her again kiss her nose and tell her she is the luckest girl there is.
            Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Re:Sad Groom Today

You deserve many kudos, because anyone that's groomed an elderly pet knows ho many obstacles there are to be dealt with. The thin and/or loose skin, large and often hidden warts and moles, arthritic limbs, and my personal favorite, the screamers Even the well behaved oldsters are nerve-wracking to me.(I don't deal well with medical emergencies) Again KUDOS!! for a tough job well-done!

Comment

The old dogs that are owned by old owners are the ones that break my heart!

It is great that you have such empathy for this baby. Like others mentioned though, consider her a lucky girl, not a pitiful old dog. She has obviously had a great life w/a wonderful owner. I wish more of our 4 legged customers had such great lifes and devoted owners!
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                X